This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can I change where I store a game BEFORE I buy/download it?

#1BBBanks03Posted 7/16/2013 5:11:20 PM
I was looking to pick up Asura's Wrath on the sale price, but there's no way I can move that sucker to my HD, I have like 1 Gig left. My flash has enough room left though, but I wanted to make sure I can move it there before committing to the download. It would suck to buy it, then realize I HAVE to download it to my HD first before moving it over to the flash, since I can't download it to the HD in the first place.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#2SoincMetalPosted 7/16/2013 5:12:53 PM
if your main storage is full then it's say no more space, after that it'll give you the option to switch.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#3VeliconisPosted 7/16/2013 5:12:53 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4BBBanks03(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 5:25:55 PM
SoincMetal posted...
if your main storage is full then it's say no more space, after that it'll give you the option to switch.

Ugh... I took your advice and while I'm sure it's true, I wish I would've checked to see if it actually downloads as far as it can before maxing out and then asking to move the download, rather than simply seeing the device doesn't have enough space and going right to the option to transfer over to another storage device. Unfortunately, it's the former, and now it's currently slowly downloading to a HD and wasting time.

Once it maxes out, is it going to at least continue the download from where it left off on the flash drive, or is it going to have to start over?
---
#5Super CreaturesPosted 7/16/2013 5:27:36 PM
Just change the storage device now, while it is downloading.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#6SoincMetalPosted 7/16/2013 5:29:44 PM
it'll continue, at least in my experience it did. It shouldn't even attempt the download though if it knows there isn't enough space. I'm DLing SR2 right now and it went to the HDD first, only had a gig on there. It said download stopped immediately then i switched it to my flash drive.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#7BBBanks03(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 5:35:12 PM
Super Creatures posted...
Just change the storage device now, while it is downloading.

I don't think you can, it only give the option to cancel or clear space.
---
#8Super CreaturesPosted 7/16/2013 5:38:55 PM
Quit thinking and actually try selecting the downloading item.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#9BBBanks03(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 5:44:29 PM
Super Creatures posted...
Quit thinking and actually try selecting the downloading item.

I did... which from there goes ---> download details ----> active download ---> cancel download, and NO other option. Is there some other secret button I'm supposed to press? Or can I go back to thinking now?
---
#10SoincMetalPosted 7/16/2013 5:48:34 PM
Damn, thought i could help you out by trying to cancel my own DL and see if it would pause or somethin. Now it's back at 0% :p.
---