This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can I change where I store a game BEFORE I buy/download it?

#11BBBanks03(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 4:55:12 PM
Okay, interesting discovery! Despite not choosing my storage device, upon buying AW, XBL decided to start downloading to my flash drive automatically (I first became a little suspicious when I realized the download was taking WAY too long to recognize my HD didn't have enough room). Is it possible the console will just recognize which storage device has the most space, and just start downloading there?
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#12SoincMetalPosted 7/16/2013 4:57:32 PM
It usually does as a matter of fact.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#13Super CreaturesPosted 7/16/2013 5:01:12 PM
No, it does not recognize which storage device has the most space, it simply chooses one that can actually hold the download, with the default being the HDD.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#14RenamonPosted 7/16/2013 7:21:12 PM
Also, the xbox does allocate all neccessary space for the download as soon as the download starts. So if you don't have enough space, the download wouldn't even get to 1%.

Also, I believe it does say where it is being downloaded to on the download screen. Could be wrong on this one.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#15SS_MetalSonicPosted 7/16/2013 9:17:26 PM
you get a message stating you don't have enough room very early in the download.
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Sleeping Dogs, Mass Effect 2, Dirt 2, Rage, Borderlands, Darksiders 2, El Shaddai, Far Cry 3, Halo 4, Skyrim, Tomb Raider