This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any deals to trade in an Xbox Slim for the new E model?

#11Ginsu VictimPosted 7/17/2013 5:34:46 AM
Yeah, don't trade in your slim. The E is definitely a downgrade.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#12TheBlueStigPosted 7/17/2013 10:02:19 AM
Cellphone marketing tactics really f***ed with people's heads didn't it?

Always making people think they've just gotta have the latest version of something without thinking or researching the new version before plunking down that money.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#13moonlite13Posted 7/17/2013 10:29:53 AM
Super Creatures posted...
moonlite13 posted...
be aware though that it is missing an optical out so no gaming headphones. however there is a very easy fix to that just plug them into your tv and your golden.

Sorry, but no.

TVs typically only output 2 channel audio, even through optical, so if you have a surround sound headset, you're ****ed on the surround sound aspect.

However, there are converters that will take an HDMI input and output HDMI and 5.1 optical audio.

I'm not sure what type of tv you have but on my samsung the optical out port is definitely surround sound. I used to have it go to my receiver, that gave me 5.1 surround sound.
#14DougEInstructorPosted 7/17/2013 10:53:13 AM
Why do you want to trade in your slim for this?
#15JKSonicPosted 7/17/2013 10:56:13 AM
The system as a whole has always confused me. It's the same price too right? So new design to match the XB1 a little better and then take away features? Biggest WTF thing is taking out the optical audio in a system that supports surround sound. Yes you can use HDMI but many receivers aren't set up for that.
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)