This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My 360 seems to not be playing any sounds.

#1pkmnlordPosted 7/16/2013 7:27:17 PM
So, I just turned on my 360 a few minutes ago to discover that it isn't playing any sounds. No start up sounds when it displays the 360 logo, no sounds on the dashboard when pressing buttons or opening up menus, and no sounds when playing any games.

It was working just fine yesterday, and I've never experienced any problems with it ever (much less sound related problems), so I'm not sure what happened. The regular TV plays sounds just fine, but it only stops playing sounds when I turn the 360 on. I've already tried unplugging and plugging back in all the cords and my HDMI cable, and both my 360 and TV are plugged into surge protectors. I've also already tried going through all the methods to try and fix it from the Xbox website and a couple other sites that came up in search results. Nothing has worked so far.

If it matters at all, my 360 model is a 250gb HDD MW2 edition 360 that I got sometime around early 2010 I believe.

If anyone could provide some insight as to what could be going wrong, I'd greatly appreciate it.
---
From dream to dream, we have always been
like an ever flowing stream
#2PStrifePosted 7/16/2013 9:28:48 PM
You need to clean the DVD's lens, it has dust on it. I always use a DVD/CD disc lens cleaner on as many systems as possible. Otherwise you open the system and get the dust out or use the compressed air method.
#3pkmnlord(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2013 9:49:59 PM
I'll try that. I used a dust off spray on everywhere outside of the console, but I didn't think to spray the DVD lens or the disc tray.
---
From dream to dream, we have always been
like an ever flowing stream
#4JoboHotepPosted 7/16/2013 11:40:26 PM
Do you have another HDMI cable you can try? I've heard of the cables going wonky from time to time that does not affect video, but screws up/ cancels sound. If you have a spare to try out it might be an easy way to narrow down your problem.
---
If I don't meet you no more in this world then uh, I'll meet ya on the next one..And don't be late- Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child