This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Treating other peoples stuff like its yours.

#21Robin_MaskPosted 7/20/2013 11:23:51 AM
CaIiber345 posted...
It's funny, because I can't answer your poll.

You see, to me, treating other people's stuff like its mine, means that I actually take care of it. In some cases that means treating it even better than if it were mine.

Funny, how perception and personal experience can completely change the context of a question.

Same reason why I hardly let anyone borrow my games.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#22Matt_256Posted 7/20/2013 12:48:19 PM
A few years ago an old buddy of mine broke up with his girlfriend and spent 3 months sleeping on my couch. We were really good friends growing up so it didn't bother me... until he had to live with me. He was a damn slob, leaving food all over the place and leaving my game discs just on a dirty coffee table. He'd never shower, smelt horrible. After opening a beer bottle he'd throw the bottle caps at the TV instead of throwing it out (sometimes he'd miss the TV) It was an old crappy 27" CRT but still, it was mortifying. I still remember it being around 3am and I'm in bed sleeping and I can hear him yelling his head off on Xbox Live playing Gears of War 2 just freaking the hell out at people online swearing his head off. My girlfriend would wake up and say something like "Matt.. go take care of that before I do and it WONT be nice" lol

He'd live off of pepperoni sticks, cheese strings and pizza pockets, beer and marijuana. It was tough, I had to throw him out as my girlfriend was at the brink of killing him. He was completely out of control, I had to go searching for him on Christmas Day and found him at a hole in the wall bar across the street at midnight trying to take home some 60 year old cougar "Matt.. Can she come home with me..?" and I looked over at the girl and she's shaking her head at me in a near plea for help. It was too much. I think it was just after New Years 2010 when I said you have a week to get your crap and get out. He was living at my place (RENT AND BILLS FREE!) for almost 4 months and didn't save a dime. It got to the point where I was even getting him interviews for various apartments in the area and he wouldn't show up to the interviews, that's when I realized this was going nowhere.

We were best friends growing up and now I haven't talked to him in over a year. It's weird, you invite people over and after a while they get into a "comfort zone" where there's no boundaries.
#23all_that_juicePosted 7/20/2013 1:12:09 PM
OMG quit acting like a whiny little b****. I hate when my friends act like this let alone my own bro. It's just an Xbox dude. Is an Xbox more important than your bro? Do you put physical belongings before your own flesh and blood? You realize you guys have the same germs anyway right? What a horrible bro you are. You should be grateful he hasn't hit you in the head yet for the way you're acting. If my bro told me to stop taking his Xbox controller in the bathroom with me I would've punched him in the face.
---
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18p4oblhv9c83gif/ku-xlarge.gif
#24C810Posted 7/21/2013 1:02:03 AM
all_that_juice posted...
OMG quit acting like a whiny little b****. I hate when my friends act like this let alone my own bro. It's just an Xbox dude. Is an Xbox more important than your bro? Do you put physical belongings before your own flesh and blood? You realize you guys have the same germs anyway right? What a horrible bro you are. You should be grateful he hasn't hit you in the head yet for the way you're acting. If my bro told me to stop taking his Xbox controller in the bathroom with me I would've punched him in the face.

Seriously, shut the hell up with the "flesh and blood" crap. People prattle on and on about how your flesh and blood matters more then anything, that you should always defend them, always forgive them, blah, blah, blah. Just because someone is your flesh and blood doesn't mean dick. I come from a big family, and you know what? Most of them are complete garbage, high school only, unskilled work, losers. Family isn't all that matters. You're related to who you are regardless of what you want, so why pretend that they're the greatest just because you happen to share a common ancestor? Only a fool forgives all sins for no reason
---
He has a robot body though, if he farted it would probably come out sounding like dubstep. - ISquat600lbs
#25TBD2009Posted 7/21/2013 5:15:31 AM
C810, you are awesome, and I fully endorse your statement. Seriously.

I love my family, absolutely adore them, but I won't let my brother or mum borrow ~anything~ important of mine.

Why? My brother "borrowed" the "family Xbox" (old generation), when he moved out to his own house. He let his flatmates ~ruin~ it. To the point that if I ever wanted to be able to play ~my games~ (thankfully I had to foresight to NOT let him run off with them), I had to pay to get it repaired, because it was completely fubar. When he had brought it to me, the console was filthy, and the game discs looked like someone had spilled beer on them. After I got it repaired, I told him he wasn't getting it back, and that I had "paid for his half of the machine, so now it's mine". I even got it modded, so I could run emulators on it, and simply download my discs to the harddrive.

I could excuse that, if it was just the Xbox, that he's wrecked, with careless handling... but he's been treating consoles poorly, since we got an SNES. He even managed to ruin a couple of our shared Dreamcast games.

My mum? Much as I love her, she is horrible on discs. Her music CDs are trashed, her DVDs are covered in scratches (when I come over, and look at her entertainment center, she has discs sitting face UP on top of the entertainment center), and she doesn't remember to put any of the discs in the right cases. She's almost as bad on books (the other thing she's asked me to loan her). She smokes, so the few books I ~have~ loaned her smell rank, and she "dog-ears" the pages to keep her place... when she's not content to just leave the book wide open, spine side up, on a flat surface... meaning the book tries to stay open even after you're done with it.

I take great care of my belongings. I have to work HARD for the money to get the things I want, and I'm not about to let people ruin it. The last straw for me, that killed ~any~ desire to let people borrow ~anything~ from me, was when my (at the time) girlfriend borrowed my Metallica Garage Days CD (first pressing, NOT one of those reprints like the "Garage Days... and more", or "Garage Inc." discs), and when I came back a day later to get it, it looked like she'd rubbed sandpaper all over it.

So, to answer TC's question... if people don't respect my things, I don't care WHO you are, you're not going to be touching it. It's rude, and frankly shows a great deal of disrespect to you, and your belongings, when people treat them so carelessly.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/PSUTerra
#26TGAkuma(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2013 4:14:56 AM(edited)
MrBathingApe posted...
The smoking's no big deal think you should ease up on that unless you want to sound like a whiny gimp. But the other stuff is rank and he needs to sort himself out. Slobbish behaviour.

I disagree about the smoking. People shouldnt be so lazy that they cant walk outside to smoke. I want my house kept clean.

Killah Priest posted...
Depends.

I'm not going to quit smoking just because someone is an anal douche about things smelling like smoke.

Thats fine. I wont tell you or my brother to quit smoking. Just dont do it in my house next to my stuff. Thats not being an anal douche by telling someone not to smoke in their home. Youre being an anal douche if you smoke inside someones home without asking.

Also its not about the smell of the smoke. I dont care about that. I do care about what the smoke can do to the inside of my xbox. You see what smoking does to people right? Same thing for electronics. All that crap gets inside and starts sticking. All that dust already inside my xbox plus the smoke keeping everything stuck together inside and dead xbox.
#27TGAkuma(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2013 3:41:04 AM(edited)
all_that_juice posted...

Are you ****ing kidding me? Its not about the damn germs, its about him holding my controller with one hand while he pulls his pants down with the other hand and takes a piss while my controller is dangling right over the water and probably nearly getting hit by his piss. I gave him a wired headset so I know he couldnt have set that controller down anywhere. But if you dont give a **** if your stuff falls in the water, then be my guest.

Also I pay money for my stuff. I want them taken care of regardless if its my own brother. Most brothers dont even share so how is me actually letting him use my xbox, games, controllers, headset, sleeping in my house being a bad brother? Because I dont want him pissing right next to my controller and possibly damaging it? Just leave your friends for that 1 minute. I mean damn, you dont tell your friends to follow you into the bathroom in real life when youre hanging out with them. No need to do that **** over xbox live unless its your own stuff. Youre ridiculous if you think Im a bad brother for that.
#28LapanuiPosted 7/22/2013 3:42:55 AM
TGAkuma posted...
all_that_juice posted...

Are you ****ing kidding me? Its not about the damn germs, its about him holding my controller with one hand while he pulls his pants down with the other hand and takes a piss while my controller is dangling right over the water and probably nearly getting hit by his piss. I gave him a wired headset so I know he couldnt have set that controller down anywhere. But if you dont give a **** if your stuff falls in the water, then be my guest.

Exactly. P*** is p***. It contains bacteria. Would you let your family members make food for you after they had been to the toilet and not washed their hands?? I certainly wouldn't. Hell, would you make yourself some food after not washing your hands??

I also don't like the smell of smoke from cigs. I shouldn't have to put up with someone else's dirt habit. Smoke outside, if you want to use my stuff, wash your hands properly, have a mint or chewing gum and get rid of the smell.

I also don't like seeing crumbs or greasy finger marks over my stuff.

Some people are just dirty and unhygienic. It's just disgusting what a lot of people do.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#29TheMKDestroyerPosted 7/22/2013 3:54:01 AM(edited)
all_that_juice posted...

Why should TC be grateful his brother hasn't hit him? His brother should be grateful that he's letting him use his stuff in the first place and that HE hasn't hit him yet for not taking care of his stuff properly and disrespecting him. You really think it's ok to take someone elses stuff into the bathroom with you? Im glad you're not my brother. You sound like a slob.
#30agentspoonPosted 7/22/2013 5:48:05 AM
TC, please dont take this in the wrong way, im in a good mood so its not meant to be offensive.

Why not spend this time reading comments from random people on a gaming website talking to your brother.

You will find that people respond to rational discussion much better than constant moaning, personally you seem a little spoilt, you invite him to stay then get all pissy when he lives how he lives?

If you dont like it then talk rationally to him, if he wont listen then ask him to leave, really its not hard.

Him taking the controller to the bathroom, what is it you dont like? Him touching his junk then your controller? If so then grow up, his "pee pee "does not have cooties, if its the controller getting covered in urine then I can understand but there is no point in over reacting, your not exactly sucking on the controller are you?
---
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!