This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Treating other peoples stuff like its yours.

#41darren19822000Posted 7/23/2013 1:11:16 PM
TGAkuma posted...
The reason I ask is cause my brother has been staying at my house and I been letting him use my xbox and controller. Hes been smoking near my xbox and taking my controller into the bathroom with him and not washing his hands. I told him both times. The smoking he was cool about but seemed annoyed when I told him about taking my controller in the bathroom. He also cant seem to put my controller back on my xbox FLAT when hes done. Its always upside down sliding off my xbox. Its not that hard to set it down right. Oh yeah and he eats his fastfood while using my controller. WTF? So am I overeacting to this or what?

what does smoking near you xbox do? i just ask because i smoke near mine. it works just fine. i do agree that taking the controller to the crapper is nasty. not like you can play from there. as for how he puts the controller down...you need to just relax a bit. everyone isnt as ocd as you are about it
---
gt darren reefnugs
#42beastwarkingPosted 7/23/2013 1:46:02 PM
It really depends. If someone lends me something, I treat it like my own. But I do this because I treat my things really well.

So in my case, I don't think it is rude. But in yours, yeah it's rude.
---
ba-weep-gra-na-weep-ninny-bong
Hail to the king, baby
#43TGAkuma(Topic Creator)Posted 7/24/2013 8:14:34 AM
darren19822000 posted...
TGAkuma posted...
The reason I ask is cause my brother has been staying at my house and I been letting him use my xbox and controller. Hes been smoking near my xbox and taking my controller into the bathroom with him and not washing his hands. I told him both times. The smoking he was cool about but seemed annoyed when I told him about taking my controller in the bathroom. He also cant seem to put my controller back on my xbox FLAT when hes done. Its always upside down sliding off my xbox. Its not that hard to set it down right. Oh yeah and he eats his fastfood while using my controller. WTF? So am I overeacting to this or what?

what does smoking near you xbox do? i just ask because i smoke near mine. it works just fine. i do agree that taking the controller to the crapper is nasty. not like you can play from there. as for how he puts the controller down...you need to just relax a bit. everyone isnt as ocd as you are about it

Pretty much the same thing its doing to your body. The smoke is gonna stick inside plus the dust already inside is going to get stuck easier because of the smoke. The dust usually gets on the heatsink and red ring xbox because of overheating. He told me his xbox lasted a year. Mines 6 and a 1/2 years still working. Obviously something Im doing right.

As for the controller. Theres just no excuse. Its much easier to set the controller down flat than thrown around on the side upside down. It takes the same amount of time or maybe even less to do it. It just makes no sense to me is all. Which makes me believe he just threw it there. I wouldnt care if it was a standard xbox controller but its the halo 3 controller and that paint looks like it could come off easily the way he treats it. I just dont understand how some people think Im wrong for wanting my stuff that I paid my money for to be taken care of right.
#44AWarAmp84Posted 7/24/2013 8:29:48 AM
This topic reminded me of what a "good" friend of mine did last weekend. I left my almost brand new $200 queen size air mattress in his car after only using it once a few weeks ago. It conveniently and easily rolls up and has a little bag attached to it for neat storage. He ended up using it without asking me and I got it back in one giant ball with what I hope is a spilled beer stain on it. I almost want to punch him in the upper lip just out of principle.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.