This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If I bring my Xbox to college can my roommates play my digital games?

#1Grand_BluePosted 7/17/2013 5:50:52 AM
And can I play theirs?
---
The Boondocks on Adult Swim is my favorite anime.
#2GGearXPosted 7/17/2013 5:53:48 AM
Yes.
---
Gt-KryDamoure (Cryoflove)
..........I-I'm a very shyyy guy, I-I'm sorry ....... *blushes *
#3SheepinatorPosted 7/17/2013 5:57:08 AM
If those digital games were downloaded to (or later license transferred to) the consoles you and your roommates bring.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#4pothocketPosted 7/17/2013 5:58:28 AM
As long he's connected to the internet, he shouldn't even have to do the license transfer thing.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#5infinitexxPosted 7/17/2013 6:13:11 AM(edited)
There are two licenses created for downloaded content (including downloaded games themselves). One is tied to the gamertag, and the other to the system.

If the gamertag that downloaded the content is signed in on any console, it can download and/or play the game.

Any gamertag can play the game on or offline on the system that has the license.

If you want to play the game on two systems at once, you need to have the gamertag that downloaded playing on one system, and other players on the system with the license.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#6SheepinatorPosted 7/17/2013 6:42:01 AM
pothocket posted...
As long he's connected to the internet, he shouldn't even have to do the license transfer thing.

I think you're thinking of the digital owners playing their games on different consoles. He's asking about roommates playing their friends digital games.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#7pothocketPosted 7/17/2013 6:52:02 AM
Hey, all I know is I got a friend that comes over and plays Walking Dead on my console even when I'm not signed in and she has her profile on a memory stick.
---
#8infinitexxPosted 7/17/2013 6:53:06 AM
pothocket posted...
Hey, all I know is I got a friend that comes over and plays Walking Dead on my console even when I'm not signed in and she has her profile on a memory stick.

Covered in my post.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#9pothocketPosted 7/17/2013 7:01:55 AM
Yeah, great job.
---