This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How much money does it cost when it comes with Xbox Live?

#1cheatermasterPosted 7/17/2013 1:38:15 PM
I've started playing my Xbox 360 lately cause I've been playing my ps3, ps2, and Nintendo DS all this time, so I hardly play the Wii, or the Xbox 360 (in fact, my older brother gave me his old one a couple years ago). Ho much does Xbox Live cost? It's just, even though I like multiplayer, to be honest I almost never play multiplayer. I've always spent my time playing single player. So I mostly see myself doing nothing but buy dlc for my games.

In fact, I think the only thing I'll ever use the Xbox Live is to buy dlc and play single player. So how much does it cost for Xbox Live? Even though I'll probably almost never play multiplayer and just buy dlc or play single player. Cause I know it's not free.
#2lokinineteenPosted 7/17/2013 1:42:36 PM
Xbox Live is free and you dont have to purchase anything you dont want to. You can buy single player games and dlc only without the need for Gold.

Clear troll is obvious!
#3cheatermaster(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 1:47:04 PM
I thought Xbox Live costs money??
#4sockesockePosted 7/17/2013 1:57:23 PM
cheatermaster posted...
I thought Xbox Live costs money??

only gold costs money. if you register a new xbl account you get one month of free gold. after that your account will turn into silver.
---
Tzuba12:Microsoft: Bringing gamers together ONE console at a time.
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke
#5RKO_ON_RAWPosted 7/17/2013 1:59:32 PM
If you're not interested in multiplayer then there's no need for XBL Gold (which costs $). You can still buy DLC and stuff from XBL marketplace (correct me if I'm wrong) with just a free XBL Silver account.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/64275451 - Skyrim Level 81 Guide
#6cheatermaster(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 2:00:38 PM
What? There is a silver and a gold? But a lot of people kept saying you have to pay money when it comes with multiplayer and all that so I was assuming Xbox Live was gonna be sort of expensive. Now I need better understanding (all right so I didn't play the Xbox 360 that much all right).
#7glassghost0Posted 7/17/2013 2:05:22 PM
Gold = Multiplayer, party chat, some apps, etc...

Free/Silver = Access to the marketplace, purchase any DLC, friends list, etc.. doesn't have access to Deal of the Week but has access to other sales.
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#8cheatermaster(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 2:09:01 PM
I see, so it's multiplayer that costs money. Other things like dlc and such is free. Damn, I must've gotten my info wrong.
#9glassghost0Posted 7/17/2013 2:12:32 PM
cheatermaster posted...
I see, so it's multiplayer that costs money. Other things like dlc and such is free. Damn, I must've gotten my info wrong.

Basically

Any Xbox 360 profile that is created is already a Free Account, they used to be called Silver accounts but I'm pretty sure they dropped that term a while back

It's basically if you aren't a Gold member, the only real benefit you get is access to the marketplace, which allows you to buy any game, dlc, etc.., with certain exceptions of course (like Deal of the Week Sales)
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122