This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

23 Minutes to install a 3.8 GIG game. Is something Wrong?

#1AshWilliams78Posted 7/17/2013 4:18:31 PM
I installed Skyrim Legendary Edition which is 3.8 GIGs and it took more then 20 minutes to install. I bought a new 360 but I'm not sure if it's my Console, HDD, or Game. What should I do?
---
Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this?
This is my BOOMSTICK!
#2VeliconisPosted 7/17/2013 4:20:55 PM
Yeah, that's pretty damn bad. It doesn't even take that long to install a 7.8GB game. o.O

You might have had a bad stroke of luck and bought a new console that had faulty hardware from the get-go.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
http://i.imgur.com/UzTVQwG.jpg
#3AshWilliams78(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 4:22:16 PM
How can I tell if it's the Console, HDD or Game?
---
This is my BOOMSTICK!
#4UddersAndBladesPosted 7/17/2013 4:22:58 PM
Meh, it took me 15 to install RDR the other day, and that was I think a 4.1 GB. So no, your internet was just being a little slow. Nothing to worry about.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Retro Menace
Look! The East is burning red!
#5AshWilliams78(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 4:26:17 PM
UddersAndBlades posted...
Meh, it took me 15 to install RDR the other day, and that was I think a 4.1 GB. So no, your internet was just being a little slow. Nothing to worry about.

What does Internet have anything to do with it? I was installing from the Disk.
---
This is my BOOMSTICK!
#6UddersAndBladesPosted 7/17/2013 4:30:42 PM
AshWilliams78 posted...

Hmm. I should think more before I post. I guess I confused it with downloading a game from the marketplace. My bad!

Anyways, even then, no, I don't think that's a problem. Every game I install takes around 15-25 minutes, depending on the size. Although I do have the original 360 model.
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: Retro Menace
Look! The East is burning red!
#7AshWilliams78(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 4:34:52 PM
AshWilliams78 posted...

Hmm. I should think more before I post. I guess I confused it with downloading a game from the marketplace. My bad!

Anyways, even then, no, I don't think that's a problem. Every game I install takes around 15-25 minutes, depending on the size. Although I do have the original 360 model.

From my experience games always took about 10-12 minutes to install on to the HDD and around 20-22 minutes on to a Flash Drive and that's with a 7 GIG game.
---
This is my BOOMSTICK!
#8AshWilliams78(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2013 4:45:36 PM
Hmm... It looks like I fixed it. I removed the HDD and then reinserted it. I then installed Skyrim again and it took 5 minutes this time. That was weird.
---
This is my BOOMSTICK!
#9VeliconisPosted 7/17/2013 4:55:58 PM
Hmm... It looks like I fixed it. I removed the HDD and then reinserted it. I then installed Skyrim again and it took 5 minutes this time. That was weird.

It could have just been somewhat loose. *shrug*
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
http://i.imgur.com/UzTVQwG.jpg
#10kushahilicPosted 7/23/2013 12:26:42 PM

Lol wish I had good Internet. It takes me over 8 hours to install something over five gigs