This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

23 Minutes to install a 3.8 GIG game. Is something Wrong?

#11kwarantinePosted 7/23/2013 2:51:27 PM
boo hoo. when i tried downloading AC2 for the free game thing, it took me at least 10 hours, probably closer to 13 or 14, of just leaving it on the dashboard downloading.

I have really terrible internet, but have grown pretty used to it
---
GT: Menace 117 PSN: Menace117
I would've liked to run tests on those seashells. - Mordin Solus
#12Dragon NexusPosted 7/23/2013 4:16:54 PM
kwarantine posted...
boo hoo. when i tried downloading AC2 for the free game thing, it took me at least 10 hours, probably closer to 13 or 14, of just leaving it on the dashboard downloading.

Again...dude....he was installing off a disk.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#13thekozmicpigPosted 7/23/2013 5:24:30 PM
Veliconis posted...
Hmm... It looks like I fixed it. I removed the HDD and then reinserted it. I then installed Skyrim again and it took 5 minutes this time. That was weird.

It could have just been somewhat loose. *shrug*

Yeah, I got one of those "Hey, your hard drive is broken" messages a couple weeks back because it was loose enough to seem connected but not fully.

TC might have been at a similar sweet spot.
---
Feels like the depths of hell were unleashed upon my ass. - nivlac_rebuats
#14BrazenMDPosted 7/23/2013 8:46:14 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
kwarantine posted...

Again...dude....he was installing off a disk.

People can't read bro.
#15TheBlueStigPosted 7/23/2013 8:54:37 PM
kwarantine posted...

Background downloads, turn them on.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#16NeoGeoXSegaPosted 7/24/2013 11:25:31 AM(edited)
20 minutes is close to the average to install all games on the 360.
It being under 4 gb's doesn't matter.
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#17natevinesPosted 7/24/2013 11:41:42 AM
I don't think so. I've never timed it, but it seems to take quite on a bit on my OG console
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#18VeliconisPosted 7/24/2013 11:51:16 AM

Uh, yes it does matter. The smaller the size of the file the less time it takes to install. This applies to any type of installation. :|

It's not like the console's DVD drive makes itself take just as long to install a 3.8GB file as it would a 7.8GB file.

It doesn't take me anywhere near 20 minutes to install most games, if any at all.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
http://i.imgur.com/UzTVQwG.jpg
#19TheBlueStigPosted 7/24/2013 1:08:47 PM
Veliconis posted...

Uh, yes it does matter. The smaller the size of the file the less time it takes to install. This applies to any type of installation. :|

Actually no, it depends on the sizes of all the files INSIDE the install file, that's not just one big file you know.

If there's a crapload of smaller files, it's going to take longer because write speed for lots of smaller files is SLOWER, not faster. It's actually faster to write large files than it is smaller files.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#20RubMyDuckyPosted 7/24/2013 1:10:47 PM
AshWilliams78 posted...
I installed Skyrim Legendary Edition which is 3.8 GIGs and it took more then 20 minutes to install. I bought a new 360 but I'm not sure if it's my Console, HDD, or Game. What should I do?

How old is your Xbox?