This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I can't enjoy Halo 4!

#1Dannyson97Posted 7/17/2013 11:16:37 PM
I'm trying to like this game but I just can't! I have a few problems the games story, but my main problem is the multiplayer. Has anyone noticed that this halo multiplayer supports camping? The shields aren't as strong, you can't go commando on the enemy, I don't care about the kill can, also has anyone noticed that the two most used classes are Wetworks and Operator? In Halo reach if you were good you could get a killing sprees, and such fairly easily. But in halo 4 it seems it's more like call of duty, supporting camping and snipers.
Any else feeling this way?
#2656stoogePosted 7/17/2013 11:22:20 PM
Not really. I played multiplayer for the first time ever a few months back, and I was destroying everyone just as easily as I was in past games. I didn't even have a character class set up with any special abilities.

I did find it a bit boring though. 99.9% of the time I was using a BR or DMR. There also didn't seem to be any point in map control anymore, as there were no weapons on the map worth fighting for.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#3KakkaKarrotKakePosted 7/17/2013 11:36:24 PM
Halo 4 is trash but I don't see 'camping' as a legitmate complaint. It's your job to apply pressure to your opponents and in a game where spawn points are all over the place and everything is autokill, you would have to be extremely skilled to make camping a viable strategy.
#4andy113456Posted 7/18/2013 12:34:31 AM
It holds your hand through everything, I hate it. All that aim assist is just... ugh....
---
http://mob148.photobucket.com/albums/s38/andy113456/andy113456v2.png
#5GGearXPosted 7/18/2013 12:37:33 AM
Yeah its more codish which is why I hated it. It didn't feel halo at all. No random power weapons since you can just ordinance drop one. They killed most of the fun.

TC try it out for a few more matches, if you can't then I suggest to sell it or something. I sold mine after a week.
---
Gt-KryDamoure (Cryoflove)
..........I-I'm a very shyyy guy, I-I'm sorry ....... *blushes *
#6langystarPosted 7/18/2013 3:10:53 AM
I was a huge Halo fan but Halo 4 ruined it for me and I have no plans on playing any new ones
#7melvin343Posted 7/18/2013 3:56:42 AM
Meh I gave up on Halo 4, went back to Halo 3/Reach and never look back.
Don't get me wrong, Halo 4 was fun and it push the Xbox 360 to it's limits but it didn't have that hype as in Halo 3 did and not only that Spartan-Ops was so boring, I only play it like 4 times just trying to like it and from that point on, I now just watch the Mini Clips and that's it. I'm getting an Xbox One but I don't know if I want to get the new Halo and as far as I'm concern, 343 and MS just need to reboot Halo that made CE the best Halo and if this new Halo does not change from the previous Halo games, I'm calling retiring from Halo for good.
---
Brad Pitt, There's no silencer on that shotgun. How are you supposed to kill anyone softly without a silencer?
XBOX GT: Player1mj117. PSN: playmaker45.
#8SunDevil77Posted 7/18/2013 4:28:56 AM
The multiplayer makes it so camping is less common than in the previous titles.
The power weapons being in the same place made the older games "rush to power weapons" then "crouch at power weapon spawn"
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#9Dragon NexusPosted 7/18/2013 5:49:57 AM
Dannyson97 posted...
has anyone noticed that the two most used classes are Wetworks and Operator?

You know that's almost completely irrelevent, right?
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#10Exodus_PrimePosted 7/18/2013 6:00:31 AM
656stooge posted...
Not really. I played multiplayer for the first time ever a few months back, and I was destroying everyone just as easily as I was in past games. I didn't even have a character class set up with any special abilities.

I did find it a bit boring though. 99.9% of the time I was using a BR or DMR. There also didn't seem to be any point in map control anymore, as there were no weapons on the map worth fighting for.

You should try Legendary slayer playlist it plays like old school Halo no power ups no ordinance you spawn with the Assault rifle and power weapons are on map BOOM.

Also for the haters on here why don't you try the Global Tournament playlist and see if you still *slaughter* everyone. Peace :-)
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.