This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

wow I didnt realize how much better saint row 3 is than gta iv

#1Mindbend8erPosted 7/18/2013 3:35:13 AM
I didn't play much of saint row 3 yet, but I can already tell that it is going to be much more fun than I had with gta iv. I think gta iv is one of the most overrated games. It got a 10 on some web sites.

I just don't like the shooting mechanics in the GTA games and the camera. Those are my main grips with gta. Saint row seems to fix this problem and its a lot more action packed.
---
game tag - mindbend8r
#2GingaritoPosted 7/18/2013 3:48:06 AM
Mindbend8er posted...
I didn't play much of saint row 3 yet, but I can already tell that it is going to be much more fun than I had with gta iv. I think gta iv is one of the most overrated games. It got a 10 on some web sites.

I just don't like the shooting mechanics in the GTA games and the camera. Those are my main grips with gta. Saint row seems to fix this problem and its a lot more action packed.

I dont really think you can compare the two. Gta IV's shooting isnt the greatest but Saints Row 3 was far too stupid for me to take it seriously as a good game.
---
Currently playing -Halo 4
MUFC CHAMP20NS, Best game played this year: Last of us. Worst game so far: GOW Judgment GT: gingus christ PSN: G1ngus
#3Boogs34Posted 7/18/2013 4:09:17 AM
GTA4 is a world. Saints Row is a silly video game
#4PreacherXWDSXPosted 7/18/2013 4:17:23 AM
The gameplay mechanics in Saints Row 3 far outshines GTA 4 gameplay, it's just a shame that most people cant enjoy a lighter take on an open world game. I admit that SR 3 is pretty far out there with the story jump from 2-3, but in no way does it detract from the buttery smooth controls and fun things to do and ways to cause mayhem in game.

I'm glad that in the world of sandbox crime games that we have a choice, not every game needs to be a "Godfather/Goodfellas" drama......sometimes you want Martin Scorsese and sometimes you need a little Michael Bay.

SR 4 and GTA 5 on pre-order for myself and yes I did 100% GTA 4.
---
---
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life......Winston Churchill
#5Deathx113Posted 7/18/2013 4:23:19 AM
Boogs34 posted...
GTA4 is a world. Saints Row is a silly video game

So whats the point of GTA4 if it isn't a video game? Isn't the point of gaming to escape from the real world? I'd say Saints Row is more of a game than GTA by what you said.
---
Name: Ernest (Yes, I've been to camp)
Add me, GT/PSN: Deathx113
#6CyricsServantPosted 7/18/2013 4:40:16 AM(edited)
SR3 absolutely murders GTA4. And despite the fact a lot of people hated SR3's plot for making a ridiculous series even more ridiculous, I found it far more engaging than GTA4's.
#7SunDevil77Posted 7/18/2013 4:46:05 AM
In terms of quality, GTA IV is nearly unmatched.

In terms of personal enjoyment and fun, I can see SR3 beating it
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#8majinbuu58Posted 7/18/2013 5:51:53 AM
I'll take any of the three saints row games over GTA anyday.. lol
#9shinobisBACKPosted 7/18/2013 7:15:24 AM
sr2>gta4>sr3>sr1
#10Wolf_J_FlywheelPosted 7/18/2013 7:43:06 AM
a game that came out in 2011 has better controls than one that came out in 2008? what?
---
Flywheel's Old Fashioned Whore House
-----Where the customer comes first-----