This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do u guys think im wasting money buying a new 360 so late?

#1AnthonyanaPosted 7/18/2013 5:24:36 PM
I was at gamestop with my son. We saved up to buy him a 360 . He really wants to play some of the games on the 360 system minecraft/Gears Of War/ Halo to be exact. So we get to gamestop and the cashier says that we are wasting money when the xbox one comes out in 3 months. And that fact that my son has a ps3 its kind of a waste of money. We should just save money for xbox one. Do u guys think $299 on the 360 is a waste and I should hold off? is it to similar to the ps3 we have already. My son is very sure that this is what he wants. I just don't want him to make a mistake and regret it since we don't get to buy systems every day like this.
#2TheCuddlyKnifePosted 7/18/2013 5:30:30 PM
you can probably find one for a lot cheaper somewhere else, but no, i don't think it's a waste. for one, there are many great games that aren't on the ps3, starting since the beginning of the systems launch. 2, there are a ton of games on the Live Arcade service that can't be had anywhere else. and c, since the system is nice and old now, you can find tons of games on the cheap. like for a couple of bucks cheap. also, the xbone isn't backwards compatible, so you can't buy 360 games for that system, and even though the ps4 and xbone will be out soon, doesn't mean that the games released on the previous versions of the systems automatically turn into crap. kameo is still a fun, original game, and that came out in '05 when the 360 launched.
---
umopapisdnpuaq
#3HandGodPosted 7/18/2013 5:31:22 PM
The one point about holding off for the Xbox One is ridiculous -- the system will take a while before it truly establishes a good enough library to be worthy of purchase, much like all launch consoles. With the 360, you already have an solid library and thousands of hours of entertainment waiting.

The second point about having a PS3 so it's "not worth it" is a little more grounded in reality. It really depends -- are you really starved for better multiplatforms and some exclusives that your son may or may not even like? It's up to you to do the research on that.
#4RuinerEraserPosted 7/18/2013 5:54:03 PM
Well since xbone is not backwards compatable I'd say it's not a waste of money at all.
---
GT: Ruiner Eraser
Currently Playing: Magic The Gathering 2014, MineCraft 360, SF 3rd Strike Online
#5nightshadeAPosted 7/18/2013 6:36:39 PM
you can get 360 games for 5 or less...sure there from 5 years ago but if ya new to the box its payday
---
theres no point in telling me the wisdom of fool wont set me free"neworder
"mr zurkon dosent shoot and ask questions later asking questions is stupid
#6blk911Posted 7/18/2013 6:43:58 PM
Waste of money! Halo and gears and thats it.
#7SurfinClubStylePosted 7/18/2013 11:46:38 PM
I say it would be a better purchase to save up for the XBox One, if u been saving up for 360 u can keep saving up for something even better, and he will be the cool kid in the neighborhood
---
1997 Toyota Supra 6-Speed Twin Turbo Targa Top - SOLD ($53,600)
2001 Toyota Celica 6-Speed GT-S - SOLD ($13,300)
#8warior55Posted 7/18/2013 11:53:37 PM
blk911 posted...
Waste of money! Halo and gears and thats it.

lol
#9OverburdenedPosted 7/19/2013 12:13:29 AM
You'd be wasting your money by not buying one (if that makes sense ha). It's one of the best purchases I've made in my life.
---
Obliteration never felt so divine._
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
#10Hucast9Posted 7/19/2013 1:10:15 AM
It's not a waste at all. First of all, you're going to need your 360 in order to play 360 games. Secondly, there are a bunch ofd exclusives on the console that make it worth getting. Lost Odyssey alone is worth the purchase, not to mention the many other exclusives.