This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Resident Evil 6 a bad game or a bad RE game?

#21LandonioPosted 7/19/2013 3:24:07 PM
Doukou posted...
Resident Evil was a below average game on its own right.

RE2, 4, and REmake say hi.
---
ROLL TIDE
#22DoukouPosted 7/19/2013 3:36:48 PM
Landonio posted...
Doukou posted...
Resident Evil was a below average game on its own right.

RE2, 4, and REmake say hi.

Meant to say Resident Evil 6
---
Don't read this sig.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18EvifsO8VA
#23JascoDPosted 7/21/2013 10:03:49 AM
Its so bad, it will make you love RE 5.
---
I <3 Dead Space.
#24Arucard05Posted 7/21/2013 10:18:18 AM
JascoD posted...
Its so bad, it will make you love RE 5.

RE5 is worse in my opinion. At least RE6 actually commits to being a TPS, even if it does it all badly. RE5 wanted to move in that direction, but couldn't leave a lot of the relics of the old games behind.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
#25googlerPosted 7/21/2013 11:23:20 AM
Depends. The monsters are all over the place which kind of ruins things for me. The zombies are all now "runners" that try to tackle you frequently, giant mutants, and cultists that turn into insects. Its not a bad game overall - not by any means but its also hard to call it a good/bad RE game but the series itself has also been bouncing all over the place
#26simonbelmont2Posted 7/21/2013 12:24:04 PM
Arucard05 posted...
It's only a bad Resident Evil game by virtue of it being a generally poor game. The idea that it's a bad Resident Evil game because it's not like the old games is rubbish. A good third person horror/shooter would have been a welcomed addition to the series.

I agree completely, the game has a lot of flaws and I would still criticize it even if it had a different name and was not a RE title. A solid third person shooter would of been fine. The game is not that bad for me but it's probably my least favorite game in the series. I'd give it a 6/10.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#27RE2LeonSPosted 7/21/2013 1:59:24 PM
It's bad either way you look at it. There are SOOOO MANYYY QTE's. It's like Capcom thought "hmm, what was the best thing about RE4 and 5? THE QTE'S! Let's make them longer, more annoying, and more difficult!" Resident Evil 6 was a failure, it's random story taking place at random points in history, lousy gameplay mechanics, cheap QTE's, it was bad. The thing that pissed me off the most about this whole Resident Evil 6/Capcom thing was that they gloated, boasted, and prided themselves on a possible estimated 7 million sales and how they had 600+ people working on the game which allowed them to release the game a month early. All their cockiness came to an end when they realized the public hated their Call of Duty approach to the series. They laid off a good portion of those 600+ employees, they never publicly announced their sales figures even though we've found out they were about 3 million short of their 7 million estimation, and now they're talking again about yet ANOTHER reboot of the series. I think at one point they even apologized at their terrible business practices (although that might have been EA).
---
My views on DLC, if it takes longer for me to work to pay for it than actually play it, it's not worth it. Don't buy Capcom games! GamerTag - RE2LeonS
#28codman4Posted 7/22/2013 1:05:18 PM
It's an average game, and a bad RE game.

It's almost unfair that it has to be compared to the games in the series that came before it (does anyone dislike RE2, REmake, or RE4???).

If this game wasn't titled with Resident Evil, I bet it would be on everyone's "most underrated" list.
#29Receiver17Posted 7/22/2013 4:32:03 PM
It's an average game but a terrible RE game. That's what kills it for me.

Certain mechanics do not work for a survival horror game, like the sliding, which I used only during The Mercenaries extra game.
---
I'm not wearing stretch pants, they're leggings!