This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it a rip off to buy Games On Demand?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Is it a rip off to buy Games On Demand?

User Info: grimmdaddy

grimmdaddy
3 years ago#11
I'd say so, unless you're using bing

User Info: Deathx113

Deathx113
3 years ago#12
Yes and no.

GoD games are more expensive and you can almost always find them cheaper, but they do carry some out of print games.

However, you get 2 copies of the game for the price of 1. My buddy and I buy GoD games occasionally (switching off who buys it) so we can get 2 games for the price of 1.
Name: Ernest (Yes, I've been to camp)
Add me, GT/PSN: Deathx113

User Info: Fiyun

Fiyun
3 years ago#13
chrcol posted...

Now apparently the disc version of vesperia on the 360 cant be installed to hdd at all, so I imagine the hard copy of vesperia is significantly slower at loading than the on demand version.

My PAL-copy must be special then, since I can install it.
http://www.backloggery.com/trashknight

User Info: chrcol

chrcol
3 years ago#14
Fiyun posted...
chrcol posted...

Now apparently the disc version of vesperia on the 360 cant be installed to hdd at all, so I imagine the hard copy of vesperia is significantly slower at loading than the on demand version.

My PAL-copy must be special then, since I can install it.

thats why I said apparently as i hadnt confirmed it myself, thanks for clarifying. I do own the 360 disc version now but its still shrink wrapped, it only exists in my collection incase the digital version stops working and as a nostalgia thing to own the hard copy.

User Info: ChrisHanson24

ChrisHanson24
3 years ago#15
it's a rip off, they don't have to pay the retailer, and don't have to manufacture a disc, manual or case, but instead of lowering the price, the money you pay for it goes right into the ceo's pocket.
(message deleted)

User Info: KINGWAR

KINGWAR
3 years ago#17
Microsoft won't lower the prices of Games on Demand because they're mad it will piss off retailers, so they overcharge for something that should be a lot cheaper. The prices are especially ridiculous for older games.

That being said, sometimes the sales for Games on Demand can be great, like when I picked up Borderlands 2 for $10 a few weeks ago.
Oh God how did this get here I am not good with computer

User Info: TheRob

TheRob
3 years ago#18
I personally won't buy any Games of Demand unless they're on sale for the price of an XBLA game (i.e. $5, $10, $15) or less.
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|

User Info: CrimsonCorp

CrimsonCorp
3 years ago#19
Day 1 of that sale a few weeks ago had Max Payne 3, Far cry 3, and Borderlands 2 were all $10 bucks. GoD can sometimes be amazing. It's rare, but the opportunities are there.
"In the grim darkness of the far future... there is only awesome"

User Info: JanayBerry

JanayBerry
3 years ago#20
Depends!

I like, say, "Batman: Arkham City". It was $29.99 when I got it on Demand. The disc was $19.99-$24.99.

I even bought the DLC, so it did not feel like a rip-off.

Buying, say, "Lost Planet 2" for $4.99 because of the current sale isn't a rip-off (although I paid $19.99 a while back).

"Two Worlds" felt like a rip-off because it's crappy.
PSN ID: Jim_Berry, Xbox 360: KKA OMEGA Jim
Anticipating arrival of "Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn" 8/27/13. {Excitement!} {Can I have it!?}
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Is it a rip off to buy Games On Demand?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived