This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what are some other games that look better on 360 than PS3

#1Leonman01Posted 7/19/2013 9:43:28 AM
I can think of Mafia ii, Bayonetta, and Splinter cell double agent.
can anyone think of some other games?
also can anyone think of a PS3 game that looks better than on 360?
---
what should my new sig be?
#2Dragon NexusPosted 7/19/2013 10:12:31 AM
All of them *trollface*

But seriously though, it does seem like most have at least a partial edge on the 360. Usually you see the anti aliasing is better on the 360, or the colours/textures are a little more vibrant.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#3Mindwipe77Posted 7/19/2013 4:32:37 PM
FF 13, Lords of Shadow are both the better versions off top of my head
---
Lightning Returns GOTY 2014
Lightning's #1 fan
#4all_that_juicePosted 7/19/2013 4:36:04 PM
CoD series
Crysis series
Red Dead
---
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18p4oblhv9c83gif/ku-xlarge.gif
#5all_that_juicePosted 7/19/2013 4:37:34 PM
Games that look better on PS3:

BF3
Castlevania LoS
Darksiders II
Hitman: Absolution
Tomb Raider
---
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18p4oblhv9c83gif/ku-xlarge.gif
#62DshmuploverPosted 7/19/2013 6:16:08 PM(edited)
About 90% of ALL multiplats, varying from slight to significant.

The most drastic examples I can think of:

Ghostbusters
Red Dead Redemption
GTA IV
Sleeping Dogs
Skyrim
Mass Effect 3
Bioshock
Bayonetta
Dead Rising 2
Spec Ops: The Line
Borderlands 1/2
Dead Island/Riptide
The Orange Box
Bulletstorm
Crysis 1/2/3
Riddick
The Darkness
Midnight Club LA

+ Tons more
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa
#7Gunvalkyrie2Posted 7/19/2013 6:19:28 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
All of them *trollface*

But seriously though, it does seem like most have at least a partial edge on the 360. Usually you see the anti aliasing is better on the 360, or the colours/textures are a little more vibrant.

this.

I've gone round and round with people on this but Batman Arkham Asylum looks FAR better on the 360 (everything is crisper and more pronounced, far better textures like on enemies facial features, etc). As does Condemned 2.

The AA makes ALL the difference.
#82DshmuploverPosted 7/19/2013 6:22:46 PM
all_that_juice posted...
Games that look better on PS3:

BF3
Castlevania LoS
Darksiders II
Hitman: Absolution
Tomb Raider

BF3 - Yes
Caslevania LoS - No, it has better FPS in some areas, worse in others, it's near identical to 360
Darksiders II - No, it's identical bar a difference in lighting effects (favors 360) and the occasional rare texture (favours PS3)
Hitman Absolution - No way, it has less bloom effects than PC and 360 version, worse textures and missing foliage..
Tomb Raider - No, it has cleaner presentation but it's missing the really smooth AA of the 360 game (matter of taste) and features worse performance.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa
#9MrFwibblesPosted 7/20/2013 11:19:40 AM
This is why I think Xbox One will turn out better than PS4. Historically, developers have made their games for the weaker console and then ported to the more powerful one, so being more powerful ends up meaning nothing, and the stronger system ends up suffering because of things like frame rate issues and other hiccups as a result of the porting.
---
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
http://i.minus.com/ikldA8ungvbD2.gif Black 2 FC: 0390-8264-4360
#10pez2k_Posted 7/20/2013 3:48:04 PM
MrFwibbles posted...
Historically, developers have made their games for the weaker console and then ported to the more powerful one

The 360 was the lead platform last generation simply because it was easier to develop for. The PS2 was often the lead before that because it vastly outsold every rival.

I don't think it has anything to do with console power, and the trend this generation will likely be development builds on PC scaled down slightly for PS4 and Xbox One ports. The portability is deliberately high for both new consoles, and beginning development on PC is much more convenient than working with development kits and gives them more raw grunt to make videos of early builds look good, just like how E3 this year heavily featured the PC builds of upcoming games. I suspect also that the inherent scalability of PC games may mean that there is a visual difference between PS4 and XB1 builds, especially later in the generation as PS4 engines mature.

That's a bit off-topic though, sorry. I believe the original Assassin's Creed was slightly better on 360, I've played it on both consoles (albeit years apart) and it wasn't too bad on PS3.
---
Fixing Turn10's omissions since 2007, and Playground Games' since 2012.
http://www.youtube.com/user/pez2k