This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Losing my patience with Xbox Live - help please

#1Seanie1200Posted 7/19/2013 12:37:56 PM
Firstly i know similar things have been asked before but I can`t find anything that matches the problem I am having.

Xbox live keeps randomly and not so randomly disconnecting. Not the internet, just Xbox live. It happens randomly when I am in games and every time I exit something - a game, an app or whatever.

If I press the guide button or select the connect to live tile on the dashboard I get the łnable to connect to Xbox live` message with the option to test connection. I cannot connect in this way no matter how many times I try. When I test connection however it connects straight away with no problem.

Xbox support has been no use and google has not been my friend this time either. Has anyone else had this happen and if you sorted it how please?

btw I have a Jasper xbox connected by wireless. I have tired moving router(I can`t hardwire), clearing cache, redownloading things(with a lot of hassle), unplugging and replugging, rebooting router etc.

Thanks for any input.
#2SheepinatorPosted 7/19/2013 12:39:49 PM
Do you only have one Xbox connecting? Some routers have conflicts with two. Have you forwarded the right ports? Or tried giving it a static IP and putting it in the DMZ? Do you have some conflict with your router where two or more devices may be trying to get on the same IP?
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#3JKSonicPosted 7/19/2013 12:49:00 PM
Is this just today, an on going issue...etc...?

My XBL has been acting up today, can't even access MY GAMES half the time.
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
#4Mellerker38Posted 7/19/2013 2:07:29 PM
Having problems donwloading games on demand that takes 6 hours to download on high speed.
#5Darkest_EvilPosted 7/19/2013 2:22:44 PM
Im having the same problem on wireless with the double anntena n adapter...old white xbox
Happens on both systems both up and down.. whenever its downloading anything over 1 gig the system will disconnect randomly.

Ive had to plug in my wired controllers and keep my status away and it helps from time to time but i think a few things are disconnecting it. Turtle beaches with the wireless adapter interupt the signal, my kids are on ipods sharing the connection from time to time watching youtube and the main computer being on or surfing the net might effect it.

Also weather, having the system near metal things like speakers etc or any interfearance like a microwave etc...

Again it could be your net, your router, your connection or even the xbox service having problems
---
http://castleminerz.freeforums.org/index.php
#6Hucast9Posted 7/19/2013 2:44:31 PM
Try getting into your modem's settings to make sure that upnp is enabled. Upnp is universal plug and play. You will likely need the user name and password of your internet service provider to be able to access that. You will also need the model number of your modem. This web site can guide you thrugh it once you have the model number:

http://portforward.com/

Do not mess with anything else. Just check the upnp, and if that doesn't solve the problem, then maybe someone else can help.
#7Seanie1200(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2013 8:01:51 AM
Thanks for the tips. It has been going on for about a week now. Going to give these suggestions a try asap
#8thekozmicpigPosted 7/20/2013 8:11:24 AM
If those don't work, perhaps redownloading your profile could help also.

I had some weird connection issues a month or so ago, and redownloading my profile fixed them.
---
Feels like the depths of hell were unleashed upon my ass. - nivlac_rebuats
#9sineater912Posted 7/20/2013 11:20:15 AM
I had problems like you. All I did was replace the Xbox wifi adapter . I bought the black connection with the two antennas. Now i dont have any issues with losing connection.
---
snake beater