This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do we really need another Assassins Creed game right now?

#1VeryDarkSoulPosted 7/20/2013 12:17:09 AM
topic

It feels like it hasn't been many years since AC1 and we're already going to be at the 6th game? The game has only been on one generation of consoles for christ's sake!
---
Ron Paul 2012
#2ChrisHanson24Posted 7/20/2013 12:19:32 AM
just do what i do and not play any of them
#3daynlokkiPosted 7/20/2013 12:19:33 AM
Yeah but that one generation lasted 6 years.
#4Li0nHeart88Posted 7/20/2013 12:32:32 AM
Ubisoft loves to milk.

They should be a farmer.
#5Pacman2dxPosted 7/20/2013 12:46:35 AM
The series lost it's identity after the 2nd game. It became less about planning assassinations and more so about the things you do while you're not assassinating -- don't get me wrong .. it's all still good fun, but I wish they'd return to the formula of having to take out key members of the templar order in order to discover a bigger truth to the story.
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
''Laugh, and grow fat ..'' - Fatman (MGS2)
#6C810Posted 7/20/2013 1:09:32 AM
I say no, but that's just me. Annualizing the series was a bad decision on their part. But after the debacle of AC III, they should let the series rest and get back to the actual assassinations. They've lost sight of what made the series initially great and fun. It's too bloated with side stuff now with the actual assassinations taking a backseat
---
He has a robot body though, if he farted it would probably come out sounding like dubstep. - ISquat600lbs
#7squarex8264Posted 7/20/2013 1:15:03 AM
It's one of my top franchises this gen.

I've played each game, I've enjoyed each game, and I'm looking forward to AC4.

I understand that the games are being annualized, but everytime I play each new title, it just really sucks me in with each game. I really enjoy the alternate history and awesome locations each game builds and creates. As long as Ubisoft can maintain the level of quality of the past games, I'll keep playing.
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#8C810Posted 7/20/2013 1:19:21 AM
squarex8264 posted...
It's one of my top franchises this gen.

I've played each game, I've enjoyed each game, and I'm looking forward to AC4.

I understand that the games are being annualized, but everytime I play each new title, it just really sucks me in with each game. I really enjoy the alternate history and awesome locations each game builds and creates. As long as Ubisoft can maintain the level of quality of the past games, I'll keep playing.

I love the alternative history and awesome locations too. But the story is so involved, it just burnt me out with all the information they threw at you. I'm finally getting around to playing AC:R, but I think I'm gonna gap out playing each game
---
He has a robot body though, if he farted it would probably come out sounding like dubstep. - ISquat600lbs
#9JukainPosted 7/20/2013 1:22:04 AM
I especially question it because of Watch Dogs. Ending it with Assassin's Creed III (as it makes sense to do so for anyone who has finished Assassin's Creed III) and letting Watch Dogs live on the legacy is the way they should have done it. Why they decided to make Assassin's Creed IV, I can't pretend to know. Hopefully, they can explain it in the game.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#10warior55Posted 7/20/2013 1:29:21 AM
I have a passionate hatred for the AC series. It literally bores me to tears.

One of the few franchises that I actually can't fathom why anyone likes it.