This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

World War 2 games

#11DieMyBridePosted 7/20/2013 4:41:35 PM
AApt24 posted...
Am I really the first person to call the TC a douche for calling the nazis cool bad guys? Not sure what you mean by that seeing as I wouldn't label anyone racist enough type has millions of people because they weren't Aryan to be a cool bad guy. The Joker was a cool bad guy. Darth Vader was a cool bad guy. The nazis on the other hand......should not be associated with the word cool.

I will for the sake of anybody getting offended will help TC rephrase this.
How about Most-Fun-to-Kill bad guys? You can't get sick of killing Nazis.
#12simonbelmont2Posted 7/20/2013 5:09:52 PM
DieMyBride posted...
The Saboteur.

I was gonna post the same thing, The Saboteur is great.

Incidentally, I think the TC meant the Nazis are the most fun to shoot and defeat.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#13AApt24Posted 7/20/2013 11:02:21 PM
Again, there is nothing fun about the Nazis. You might like the WW2 setting, and thats fine as it does have plenty to offer in terms of setting and scope. That said, I don't think its right nor fair to the people who were actually at World War 2 to have a game based on their experiences because the war itself was not something to laugh at or get enjoyment out of. The Nazis aren't some end of the boss level boss that you rescue a princess from inside of a castle. They are the most brutal and sadistic society of mass murderers the world has ever known. We play video games for enjoyment, for satire, and and for pleasure. In every other platform of media that portrays World War II, you are left with this sad, empty, and angry feeling in the pit of your stomach. From Saving Private Ryan, to Schindler's List, to War and Remembrance, to the Diary of Anne Frank, all of these stories capture the essence of the war much better than anything found on a video game. How people can find enjoyment out of anything associated with the Nazis, I have absolutely no idea.

Hell Assassins Creed (the first one) at least managed to reflect some brutality of what took place in the Crusades, Every WW2 game Ive ever seen has just taken the war and turned into an interactive Michael Bay movie with explosions and "epic" gun battles galore. Every time I see a WW2 game, I just can't help but wonder if some 70-90 year old walks in on his or her grandchild or great child, and that child is shooting Nazis on a television and having a ball, and then that grandparent just starts breaking down because hey lo and behold he or she was there. You can agree or disagree with that, not really my concern. I just feel as though the Nazis should be left out of video games all together.
---
"This Year in Jerusalem."
#14glassghost0Posted 7/20/2013 11:05:22 PM
AApt24 posted...
Again, there is nothing fun about the Nazis. You might like the WW2 setting, and thats fine as it does have plenty to offer in terms of setting and scope. That said, I don't think its right nor fair to the people who were actually at World War 2 to have a game based on their experiences because the war itself was not something to laugh at or get enjoyment out of. The Nazis aren't some end of the boss level boss that you rescue a princess from inside of a castle. They are the most brutal and sadistic society of mass murderers the world has ever known. We play video games for enjoyment, for satire, and and for pleasure. In every other platform of media that portrays World War II, you are left with this sad, empty, and angry feeling in the pit of your stomach. From Saving Private Ryan, to Schindler's List, to War and Remembrance, to the Diary of Anne Frank, all of these stories capture the essence of the war much better than anything found on a video game. How people can find enjoyment out of anything associated with the Nazis, I have absolutely no idea.

Hell Assassins Creed (the first one) at least managed to reflect some brutality of what took place in the Crusades, Every WW2 game Ive ever seen has just taken the war and turned into an interactive Michael Bay movie with explosions and "epic" gun battles galore. Every time I see a WW2 game, I just can't help but wonder if some 70-90 year old walks in on his or her grandchild or great child, and that child is shooting Nazis on a television and having a ball, and then that grandparent just starts breaking down because hey lo and behold he or she was there. You can agree or disagree with that, not really my concern. I just feel as though the Nazis should be left out of video games all together.

You know what a video game is, right?
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#15TheBlueStigPosted 7/20/2013 11:35:32 PM
AApt24 posted...
Every time I see a WW2 game, I just can't help but wonder if some 70-90 year old walks in on his or her grandchild or great child, and that child is shooting Nazis on a television and having a ball, and then that grandparent just starts breaking down because hey lo and behold he or she was there.

Brothers In Arms.

By far the most respectful to the original soldiers in every possible way, especially the first 2 games that used real after-action reports and real battle locations.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#16TheUndeadCrowPosted 7/21/2013 3:08:01 AM
World of Tanks is a free to play game (currently being beta tested) and has lots of WW2 era German tanks. I'm not sure this game is directly along the lines of what you are asking for but you might check it out. I personally enjoy the beta. I have no idea when the full game is going to be released to the public though. But it will be free, so yeah.
#17SunDevil77Posted 7/21/2013 6:21:47 AM
DieMyBride posted...
AApt24 posted...
Am I really the first person to call the TC a douche for calling the nazis cool bad guys? Not sure what you mean by that seeing as I wouldn't label anyone racist enough type has millions of people because they weren't Aryan to be a cool bad guy. The Joker was a cool bad guy. Darth Vader was a cool bad guy. The nazis on the other hand......should not be associated with the word cool.

I will for the sake of anybody getting offended will help TC rephrase this.
How about Most-Fun-to-Kill bad guys? You can't get sick of killing Nazis.

You probably heard we ain't in the prisoner-takin' business; we in the killin' Nazi business. And cousin, business is a-boomin'.

Each and every man under my command owes me one hundred Nazi scalps. And I want my scalps. And all y'all will git me one hundred Nazi scalps, taken from the heads of one hundred dead Nazis. Or you will die tryin'.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#18656stoogePosted 7/21/2013 6:47:34 AM
Nazi are cool bad guys though. They dress sharp and you can't help but want to shoot 'em.

Anyway, the 2 best WW2 games are W@W and CoD 2, TC. And if you thought Nazi's were cool then wait until you see the zombie versions. (oh no! how offensive)
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#19Dragon NexusPosted 7/21/2013 7:13:56 AM
AApt24 posted...
How people can find enjoyment out of anything associated with the Nazis, I have absolutely no idea.

It's called catharsis.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#20CapwnDPosted 7/21/2013 7:29:05 AM
Sniper Elite v2 is a great game. If your PC can run it, you may want to try Nazi Zombi Army too, it's a stand alone game but it's PC only. I think it's about as fun as Nazi Zombies in COD.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh