This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a new fighting game....

#1LamiaLuesPosted 7/20/2013 1:44:44 PM
Hi!

So I want a new fighting game, and they are all basically on sale after evo. None of my friends play fighting games so I will be reliant on online play. I like replay-ability single-player wise, but I have lots of other games so its not that big of a priority. I loved Marvel vs Capcom 2, but got owned on line. I enjoy Mortal Kombat, but I'm kinda sick of the universe. I saw some Super Street Fighter game-play, but it looks to slow for me.

So which one do y'all recommend?

1. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
2. Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition
3. Mortal Kombat

How I feel about fighting games:
A. Love instantaneous button response, Johnny Cage is my man in MK9, and my favorite MK is 3 because its so fast.
B. Virtua Fighter 5 is one of my favorite fighting games of all time, I loved the no powers thing, and it was extremely responsive.
C.Marvel vs Capcom has my favorite characters far and away, MVC2 was amazing, but I got destroyed in it.
D. I need an active online community since my friends don't like fighting games.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for any advice you guys may have!!
---
And pray that you don't go hollow!
#2kwarantinePosted 7/20/2013 1:46:25 PM
Mortal kombat is great and imo the best fighter this gen. It's moderately active when I was on a few days ago (around 9 pm eastern time). I would look to see when it's more active
---
GT: Menace 117 PSN: Menace117
I would've liked to run tests on those seashells. - Mordin Solus
#3TheBlueStigPosted 7/20/2013 1:48:16 PM
Super SF too slow? Gimme a break.

Try Streetfighter III: 3rd Strike, it's only 300 points right now.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#4the36thchamberPosted 7/20/2013 1:52:02 PM(edited)
for single player

king of fighters 13
tekken 6
blazblue
virtua fighter 5 final showdown

for online

super street fighter 4
---
Dragons Crown. August seriously...hurry the **** up!
PSN/GT- xNinjaScrollx
#5simonbelmont2Posted 7/20/2013 2:05:10 PM
Mortal Kombat is fun but it isn't as good as the other fighting games for me.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom is fast paced, fun to watch but beginners will get destroyed online, if you play it prepare to get killed as one mistake can cost you a whole life bar. I like Marvel vs Capcom and I played the vanilla game a fair bit and the older ones in the series. I prefer Street Fighter though.

Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition is the best of the bunch for me. The game has an elegant combat system that is easy to get into but hard to master. It also has probably the biggest online community so getting matches will not be a problem. Bear in mind that Capcom are releasing an Ultra version of the game next year though with more characters and stuff.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#6MrBathingApePosted 7/20/2013 2:05:31 PM
If you liked Virtua fighter should probably try dead or alive 5. The games are more counter happy, but it's fast and you get the up close fighting and mind games that are similar to VF.
---
Shoot him again!
His soul is still dancing.
#7KID VIDPosted 7/20/2013 2:30:30 PM
I'd go with Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition. It's still popular online and you'll have no trouble finding matches. If you're patient enough, wait until Ultra Street Fighter 4 comes early next year. It'll have everything SSF4:AE has plus 5 new characters and stages and tweaks to all the characters.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#8simonbelmont2Posted 7/20/2013 4:20:03 PM
KID VID posted...
I'd go with Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition. It's still popular online and you'll have no trouble finding matches. If you're patient enough, wait until Ultra Street Fighter 4 comes early next year. It'll have everything SSF4:AE has plus 5 new characters and stages and tweaks to all the characters.

I am thinking of waiting for Ultra edition myself, I didn't buy Super or Arcade so Ultra will be good value!
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#9psprulz2007Posted 7/20/2013 4:23:13 PM
Dead or Alive 5 and MK10 are the 2 best fighters ive played this gen.
---
Nier = Worse game of all time. Worse then ET, Superman 64, Haze and any crappy game ive ever attempted to make using an outdated version of RPG maker.
#10darkharePosted 7/20/2013 6:06:26 PM
skullgirls still has a pretty active online community.

---
The future of Console Gaming, are the gamers. vote with your $!