This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a new fighting game....

#11simonbelmont2Posted 7/20/2013 6:21:22 PM
darkhare posted...
skullgirls still has a pretty active online community.

I forgot about Skullgirls and that game is quite fun, great character design and animations. I haven't played it since it came out and I should get back into it.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#12KID VIDPosted 7/20/2013 11:34:14 PM
simonbelmont2 posted...
KID VID posted...
I'd go with Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition. It's still popular online and you'll have no trouble finding matches. If you're patient enough, wait until Ultra Street Fighter 4 comes early next year. It'll have everything SSF4:AE has plus 5 new characters and stages and tweaks to all the characters.

I am thinking of waiting for Ultra edition myself, I didn't buy Super or Arcade so Ultra will be good value!

Yeah it is. It's only like, what, $40? And the roster is now at like 44 characters (I'm guessing).
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#13LightbornePosted 7/21/2013 12:31:03 AM
LamiaLues posted...
Hi!

So I want a new fighting game, and they are all basically on sale after evo. None of my friends play fighting games so I will be reliant on online play. I like replay-ability single-player wise, but I have lots of other games so its not that big of a priority. I loved Marvel vs Capcom 2, but got owned on line. I enjoy Mortal Kombat, but I'm kinda sick of the universe. I saw some Super Street Fighter game-play, but it looks to slow for me.

So which one do y'all recommend?

1. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
2. Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition
3. Mortal Kombat

How I feel about fighting games:
A. Love instantaneous button response, Johnny Cage is my man in MK9, and my favorite MK is 3 because its so fast.
B. Virtua Fighter 5 is one of my favorite fighting games of all time, I loved the no powers thing, and it was extremely responsive.
C.Marvel vs Capcom has my favorite characters far and away, MVC2 was amazing, but I got destroyed in it.
D. I need an active online community since my friends don't like fighting games.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for any advice you guys may have!!

Soul caliber or injustice you wont be dissqpointed if your into fighting games but soul caliber has char creation and more.
#14simonbelmont2Posted 7/21/2013 12:33:58 PM
KID VID posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
KID VID posted...
I'd go with Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition. It's still popular online and you'll have no trouble finding matches. If you're patient enough, wait until Ultra Street Fighter 4 comes early next year. It'll have everything SSF4:AE has plus 5 new characters and stages and tweaks to all the characters.

I am thinking of waiting for Ultra edition myself, I didn't buy Super or Arcade so Ultra will be good value!

Yeah it is. It's only like, what, $40? And the roster is now at like 44 characters (I'm guessing).

Yeah, there are a lot of characters and it is a good deal.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#15majinbuu58Posted 7/21/2013 12:35:41 PM
Get Injustice. It's more or less the same gameplay as MK9 but a different universe.
#16Gamerz_FantasyPosted 7/21/2013 4:34:25 PM
Tekken tag tournament 2
Soul calibur 5