This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

You know , I think I'd like the Assassin's Creed games more if they didn't...

#1bladegash666Posted 7/21/2013 9:00:48 AM
...have such AWFUL controls. I've been playing AC2 from the Free With Gold program , and man it's ROUGH. I'm trying really hard not to give up on the game , because it's one of the only good Ass Creed games. After playing through half of AC3 , I just quit because of those controls. I don't want to do the same for AC2 because it poops on AC3.

Like , I hold down RT and then Hit A , but Ezio will drunkely stumble and hang off the nearest ledge. If you're not already building up momentum before the jump , he can't jump it seems. Very sloppy.

Why does he stick to every surface? I know they wanted to make everything explorable , but DAMN. It's especially frustrating during chase and timed sequences.

I so depressed T_T
---
Do you BROADBAN'D bro?
#2656stoogePosted 7/21/2013 9:35:07 AM
The controls are absolutely awful by today's standards. And why the hell did Ubisoft add a bunch of random crap to climb that serves no purpose?

I understand being able to leap a fence post, but what's the point of being able to run along a 4 foot high fence? Or climb a foot tall tree stump and then perch on top of it?

And why can't you drop off a ledge or object without either leaping 6 feet in a random direction or spinning around to grab onto the ledge of whatever you're trying to fall off?
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#3RockguyKevPosted 7/21/2013 9:51:44 AM
I didn't have problems with AC2 at all but I couldn't ever get my dude in 3 to do what I wanted.
#4simonbelmont2Posted 7/21/2013 10:06:42 AM
The controls are a bit rough and the way you stick to everything gets in the way at times. I usually get used to it but it can be a pain, I didn't find it as bad in AC3 funnily enough.

The Saboteur had a much simpler approach to climbing that didn't involve the player making mistakes and sticking to every surface. The climbing & navigating in that game was much better.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#5TheFlood550Posted 7/21/2013 11:01:26 AM
I just finished playing Brotherhood Friday night and I nearly threw my controller through the window during the church scene in the end. Seemed no matter which way I had the camera facing, Ezio would always just leap away from what I needed to grab and fall all the way down to the floor, making me climb all the way back only to fall again. I thought it was over after that, but then they threw the timed platforming section at the end. I was incredibly frustrated when I got through all of that, only to have the game come to the most abrupt and out of nowhere ending I've ever seen. I'd say it was even worse than Halo 2. I thought maybe they would improve the controls with Revelations, but of course, its nearly just as frustrating.
---
GT- TheDaniel27
#6molokoPosted 7/21/2013 11:06:21 AM
I really like Assassin's Creed 2, but the free running only works when you're not in a rush. When you're doing missions where you have a time limit, or you have to follow target and keep them in view...the controls start to fall apart. I don't know how many times I would end up doing something I wasn't trying to do.

But if you're just messing around like looking for feathers or money boxes...the controls are ok.
#7simonbelmont2Posted 7/21/2013 11:09:14 AM
TheFlood550 posted...
I just finished playing Brotherhood Friday night and I nearly threw my controller through the window during the church scene in the end. Seemed no matter which way I had the camera facing, Ezio would always just leap away from what I needed to grab and fall all the way down to the floor, making me climb all the way back only to fall again. I thought it was over after that, but then they threw the timed platforming section at the end. I was incredibly frustrated when I got through all of that, only to have the game come to the most abrupt and out of nowhere ending I've ever seen. I'd say it was even worse than Halo 2. I thought maybe they would improve the controls with Revelations, but of course, its nearly just as frustrating.

That would frustrate me too.

moloko posted...
I really like Assassin's Creed 2, but the free running only works when you're not in a rush. When you're doing missions where you have a time limit, or you have to follow target and keep them in view...the controls start to fall apart. I don't know how many times I would end up doing something I wasn't trying to do.

But if you're just messing around like looking for feathers or money boxes...the controls are ok.

I agree.
---
#8flame030191Posted 7/21/2013 11:22:30 AM
Was expecting "Have Desmond".

That is my main flaw with the series. it would've been much more fun to play if you played through Altair, then Ezio, then Connor, and kept going through, giving Desmond his own game at the end. The whole "go relive your ancestor's memories!!!" ordeal is what I don't care about, and it often takes you out of the experience too much.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
MLG: because skill is determined by what you use, not how you play.
#9simonbelmont2Posted 7/21/2013 11:26:46 AM
flame030191 posted...
Was expecting "Have Desmond".

That is my main flaw with the series. it would've been much more fun to play if you played through Altair, then Ezio, then Connor, and kept going through, giving Desmond his own game at the end. The whole "go relive your ancestor's memories!!!" ordeal is what I don't care about, and it often takes you out of the experience too much.

Yeah, this is another thing I dislike about the series, I'd prefer it if I didn't get taken out of the historical setting to play as Des.
---
#10_LordAndSaviorPosted 7/21/2013 1:53:35 PM
I decided to borrow Assassins Creed 1 from a friend and I actually have the same complaints kinda sad to see these issues weren't sorted out later on.
---
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.