This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Top 5 moments of the Xbox 360

#11pothocketPosted 7/22/2013 8:30:24 AM
Oh yeah, I uploaded it myself as part of a personal top-ten video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQgJf4TARMo

My favorite is actually the 3rd one. It's like a magic trick, a little flashy misdirection and then *BAM*, what you thought you knew about reality is thrown out the window and the impossible is possible!
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#12ktownslayer16Posted 7/22/2013 8:39:51 AM
In no order

-Playing Gears for the first time. The whole cover system is one of the most revolutionary things of this gen.

-Downloading game demos. Incredible

-Using the Skill Stick in the NHL series for the first time. 07 I think?

-Everything to do with the Bioshock series

-Bethesda... Fallout 3 and Skyrim are 2 of the greatest games ever made
---
**** the NHL
#13HaganPosted 7/22/2013 8:57:34 AM
Landonio posted...
badmanneil posted...
With the Xbox One coming out later this year i decided to compile a list of my favorite Xbox moments:

5) Halo 3
4) Mass Effect 2
3) First time I saw kinect at E3 then bought one
2) Halo 4
1) One of the biggest selling points of Playstation 3 was 1080p. Microsoft gave us 1080p with a 30 second update!

List your top 5 moments!!!

LMAO.

ha

Gears of War 1
Halo 3
State of Decay
---
XBL GT= illidan z
http://www.youtube.com/user/illidanz
#14Exodus_PrimePosted 7/22/2013 9:07:17 AM
No order in particular.

Gears Of War - This game was the reason I was getting a Xbox 360 there was no Halo talks at the time no other shooters. It was this and Dead Rising for me. The cover system the graphics (at the time) mindblowing I still re call running up the stairs with game case and almost tripping from how excited i was to play it.Did not disapoint.On Gears Of War 2 with my friends and family I spent sooo many hours in horde mode.Finishing up wave 50 on Insane was epic.

Xbox Live - Way better than Original Xbox. Cross game chat (which the PS3 still can't do) the ability to send voice mails party up with friends private chat all while enjoying any game at the same time.

Halo 3, Halo 4 - I love me some Halo.Halo 2 as my first multiplayer game online I still remember being nervous going around corners specially knowing there was a guy with a sword running around every Halo game has fun multiplayer no matter what the haters say :-)

Call Of Duty 4 - This was big for me I've played Call Of Duty since that awesome experience on PS2 the beach level I believe it was called *D-day* 3 games into the consoles life and we get part 4 but wait it takes places in mordern day? called Modern Warfare no way it would work right? I picked it up gave it a try the only game that made me forget about Halo 3 at the time for months to come.And we all know the rest after that.

Demos,Digital downloads,DLC,Arcade games - I counted all of those as one because the digital age started with Xbox Live ( Even though Dreamcast had the first console online ) we could download demos what? buy a game and download it to your console what? you mean i can continue my campaign in Gears Of War with the extra content and new chapters? all these have helped shaped the online,digital experience to be amazing and fun.Limbo and Castle Crashers best Arcade games in my opinion.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#15JJroootPosted 7/23/2013 2:49:49 PM
1.COD4 (this is why the franchise is what it is today)
2.Castle Crashers( Best XBLA game ever created)
3.Halo 3 (First next Gen Halo game, everyone shipped their pants)
4. Gears of War (The Chainsaw)
5. Controller ( It came with a mic, plug it into the controller, talk to friends. No wonder noone on ps3 ever has a mic)
---
If alcohol is a crutch, Jack Daniels is a wheelchair
Xbox Live GT: Saynt614
#16imthestuntmanPosted 7/23/2013 2:55:37 PM
5. Halo 3 and call of duty 4 changed online gaming.

4. Xbox live arcade brought tons of smaller budget games to us.

3. The mass effect series. It really evolved well, offering a great esperience throughout and to my surprise offering one of the most enjoyable multiplayer experiences ive encountered.

2. The greatest controller in gaming history.

1. The party system, without it my group of people i game with would not exist.
---
3DS friend code: 3351-4318-2333. Town: Arula.
#17VasDeferensPosted 7/23/2013 4:15:35 PM(edited)
Since the title said " moments " and not " features " of the 360, I;d say

1) Launch ( controller is included in this )

2) The redesign into the Slim plus the Kinect (scoff all you want, Kinect is not going anywhere anytime soon )

3) Establishment of XBL as a viable platform to connect users

4) The advent of apps and slowly moving the console to the planned for " all in one " entertainment machine

5) The games of course

... and my one personal low moment

Achievements ( never needed them, never got what they're all about )
#18LandonioPosted 7/23/2013 6:35:01 PM
2) The redesign into the Slim plus the Kinect (scoff all you want, Kinect is not going anywhere anytime soon)

Kuhnekt iz gud.
---
ROLL TIDE
#19rawrLIKEaB05S__Posted 7/25/2013 7:46:17 AM
Minecraft
Kinect Star Wars
Skyrim
Party
teh best MP serverz
---
http://i.imgur.com/YlKm5.gif I don't just give you my two cents, I whip a roll of quarters at you head.
PSN: BlueStar7152 | XBL: ajwmawesome
#20DougEInstructorPosted 7/25/2013 9:38:37 AM
joegt123 posted...
Landonio posted...
badmanneil posted...
With the Xbox One coming out later this year i decided to compile a list of my favorite Xbox moments:

5) Halo 3
4) Mass Effect 2
3) First time I saw kinect at E3 then bought one
2) Halo 4
1) One of the biggest selling points of Playstation 3 was 1080p. Microsoft gave us 1080p with a 30 second update!

List your top 5 moments!!!

LMAO.

....yknow, I was taking this topic somewhat seriously. Then I saw that.

whats so funny about that kinect is awesome