This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People saying SR3 > SR2

#21simonbelmont2Posted 7/22/2013 3:03:54 PM
Ginsu Victim posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
Both games are fun but I think SR2 is better than SR3, SR2 had more content and variety. The city had a shopping mall, beach and lots of other interesting places to explore. The game also had better activities and more clothing options.

Not to mention the giant bunny in the ocean....

Ha,ha yeah I forgot about that.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#22Dragon NexusPosted 7/22/2013 3:05:53 PM
YodaCrackers posted...
But along came GTA IV, which is so vastly superior in just about every area from graphics and physics to dialogue and storytelling.

I like how you missed gameplay.
Which, in my opinion, Saints Row has always done better than GTA4.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#23poopninjamvc3mkPosted 7/26/2013 1:23:43 PM
oasisbeyond posted...
^ Part 1 and 2 were gta clones and that's why they failed and had to change things up.
GTA had better theme, missions, music. The only thing better in part one was the waypoint system and the way the bass would play when you came out of cars :)

Part 1 I agree about being a clone but Part 2 is where we'll disagree.
---
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2063467937.png Deleted my old sig since some mod apparantly got offended because I mentioned Penn State.
#24CyricsServantPosted 7/26/2013 3:03:54 PM
simonbelmont2 posted...
Ginsu Victim posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
Both games are fun but I think SR2 is better than SR3, SR2 had more content and variety. The city had a shopping mall, beach and lots of other interesting places to explore. The game also had better activities and more clothing options.

. . . The what now? o_O
#25tr3yarchPosted 7/26/2013 8:44:26 PM
SRTT>>>SR2 & SR1
#26lolamericansPosted 7/26/2013 9:17:49 PM
played 3 and 2 and both were boring as gta series. sleeping dogs ftw.
#27TenzhiPosted 7/26/2013 11:23:03 PM
I enjoyed the gameplay and some of the crazy story sequences more in SR3 than in SR2, and I look forward to the super-craziness of SR4.

But I'd say that SR2's story had more depth than SR3, and I enjoyed customizing the different hideouts in it far more.

I didn't play the first game beyond the demo because it seemed a bit too much like a GTA clone, and I don't care for GTA.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#28simonbelmont2Posted 7/27/2013 4:58:58 AM
lolamericans posted...
played 3 and 2 and both were boring as gta series. sleeping dogs ftw.

Sleeping Dogs is a fun game and I really enjoyed it, SR2 & SR3 are also fun though as you have so many crazy things to do.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#29Ginsu VictimPosted 7/27/2013 7:09:37 AM
CyricsServant posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
Ginsu Victim posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...

. . . The what now? o_O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hS-5zYSve4
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#30Pacman2dxPosted 7/27/2013 7:26:10 AM
The story in SR2 was a lot better than the story in SR3.

I liked Saints Row when it was more about taking the neighborhood back from other gangs, not being celebrities and now the president even and having something like an alien invasion as a backdrop. Then again, I can see why Volition made the switch because GTA tends to be a bit more 'mature' when it comes to telling a story .. so becoming the goofy, purple dong swinging parody game was the only option I guess.
---
XBL - FA7ALtheGOD / PSN - FATALtheGOD
''Laugh, and grow fat ..'' - Fatman (MGS2)