This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So for the people in the Xbox Dash Beta

#31Super CreaturesPosted 7/23/2013 1:39:37 AM
TBD2009 posted...
The people in the beta are there to find bugs, report them, and get them fixed before releasing the full update.

Which is all fine, if it actually works that way.

If the Fall 2012 system update beta is any indication, MS doesn't give a flying **** about that last part.

There are still bugs in the current dash that were widely reported during the last beta, fairly big ones too, and they really haven't done **** about them, even though they've had almost a year to fix them, but, they've pushed out fixes for minor bugs with Xbox Music and Video and Smartglass, but won't do anything about the fact that a profile set to auto sign-in at system boot won't even load and the system forces you to choose a profile to sign into about half the time you start your system.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#32TBD2009Posted 7/23/2013 3:10:07 AM
Super Creatures posted...
Which is all fine, if it actually works that way.

If the Fall 2012 system update beta is any indication, MS doesn't give a flying **** about that last part.

There are still bugs in the current dash that were widely reported during the last beta, fairly big ones too, and they really haven't done **** about them, even though they've had almost a year to fix them, but, they've pushed out fixes for minor bugs with Xbox Music and Video and Smartglass, but won't do anything about the fact that a profile set to auto sign-in at system boot won't even load and the system forces you to choose a profile to sign into about half the time you start your system.

Unfortunately, you're right... I can't even argue about the bugs still persisting in the current dashboard. Which only emphasizes my point that it's laughable to be "protecting the secrets" of the beta dashboard, because it's "wrong" to "violate the nda!".

The way I see it, the people talking, publicly, about the bugs in the beta dashboard, are doing us non-beta users a massive favor, by disclosing the bugs they're finding. At least this way, we all know what to "look forward to" when the official release hits us like a steaming pile of @#$^ flung from an angry monkey.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/PSUTerra
#33lostnumberwarPosted 7/23/2013 3:31:57 AM
TBD2009 posted...

Facebook isn't "a private blog", and due to my own concerns over personal privacy, I do not own, or operate, a Facebook account, or any other "social media" page

You are on a social media page right now.
You operate an account on it.
Your posts are displayed in full view of everyone on it.
What's more as far as I know you can't hide any posts only delete them.
If you're concerned about your privacy as much as you say you should delete as many posts as you can right now. Quick the government is watching.
---
http://tinyurl.com/munz2mb
#34SolidStryderPosted 7/23/2013 3:51:02 AM
squarex8264 posted...
TBD2009 posted...

And while I feel this disgusting pile of human waste deserves whatever he gets, for his online actions with a child, Skype is what got him busted. And Skype is actively cooperating with the NSA, and after Microsoft took full ownership of Skype in 2011, it is now likely also part of PRISM, due to being a subsidiary of Microsoft.

So Skype busted a child predator?

I'm okay with this.

TBD is spending more time ranting on a board for a system he doesn't even touch 90% of the time because he can't lure children in chat rooms anymore :(
#35TBD2009Posted 7/23/2013 3:53:24 AM
lostnumberwar posted...
If you're concerned about your privacy as much as you say you should delete as many posts as you can right now. Quick the government is watching.

There is a big difference between Gamefaqs, and Facebook, and you know it.

SolidStryder posted...
TBD is spending more time ranting on a board for a system he doesn't even touch 90% of the time because he can't lure children in chat rooms anymore :(

That's a bit uncalled for, don't you think?
---
#36SolidStryderPosted 7/23/2013 3:59:28 AM
TBD2009 posted...
lostnumberwar posted...

There is a big difference between Gamefaqs, and Facebook, and you know it.

SolidStryder posted...

That's a bit uncalled for, don't you think?

I'm just trying to piece everything together bro
#37TBD2009Posted 7/23/2013 4:42:19 AM
SolidStryder posted...
I'm just trying to piece everything together bro

Well, there's a difference between piecing things together, and (although I'm sure you were being funny), calling someone a child predator. That kind of crosses the line a bit. But I don't think you were really being malicious, which is why I'm not upset by it. You did bring up a point though, that it's kind of strange my spending time posting on a board, for a console I don't play but 10% of the time. I just don't game much anymore (and when I do, it's Minecraft or Phantasy Star Universe... both of which I can play on my PC, or the Xbox). Really, I was posting here, out of boredom, and to put forth a few simple points. And... I think it kind of spiral bombed over the last couple of days.

But to help piece it all together, for you, and everyone else, I was simply trying to point out one small fact, "White Knighting" on Microsoft's behalf, regarding "not disclosing" anything about the beta, is foolish, given that they are in bed with PRISM. I was pointing out the hypocrisy of "not sharing their secrets", when they've been giving away ours for God only knows how long.

I've seen multiple topics, involving the dashboard beta, greeted with: "I'm going to report this to Microsoft!! You are gonna be banned!" messages, by people who think Microsoft needs to be protected by them. Which... again... I really see it as silly. That's all I was trying to say... is that's it's really silly.

And after I was asked to "provide evidence" about the things I said, regarding privacy violations, well... I did. But that somehow spiraled into "TBD is a paranoid nutter!".

Now you're caught up. And I'm off to bed.
---
#38KalibakPosted 7/23/2013 5:07:00 AM
My Xbox doesn't "freeze", but I lose the guide button function, so I basically have to reboot the Xbox to be able to access my friends list. As long as I don't try to access ANY content beyond the dash, I'm fine. If I look at any games, add-ons, videos, etc, I lose the guide button. I can't even shut off the xbox with my controller at that point.
#39Sega9599Posted 7/23/2013 9:11:18 AM
the worst thing is.....there really is no difference besides the new bay method. I was hoping for a 'proper' new dashboard or some games or SOMETHING. besides....virtually nothing.
---
Waiting for Mirrors Edge 2 and a new 'proper' Shining Force.
#40jediknight52501Posted 7/23/2013 9:33:18 AM
flame030191 posted...
After the update, the marketplace ran fine for me.

It's these stupid random freezing and disconnections that are annoying the **** out of me.

i m glad the update fixed the Marketplace glitch, it was really annoying.
---
it is good to be back. XBL-UGC Jedi Master, PSN-Creepy_Crandall, Steam-jediknight52501