This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone here played that Amazing Spider-Man game? If so how would you rate it?

#1HappyBullPosted 7/21/2013 9:39:50 PM
I know I know movie games suck and all lol but im such a sucker for sandbox games and spider-man that im actually willing to overlook that fact.

At the very least would it be worth it for $30.00?
#2DividerByZeroPosted 7/21/2013 9:45:05 PM
Go play Spider-Man 2 on PS2.

As for the topic, I gave it a 6. It just feels... clunky compared to the other Spider-Man games. The camera is too close when swinging.
---
http://www.dividerscorner.blogspot.com/ - Newest Article: Game Journalism
GT: TG Divider | NP: CoD: Black Ops, Mass Effect 3 MP, Rock Band 3, GTA4, Dark Souls
#3ChipChippersonPosted 7/21/2013 9:50:04 PM
I'd give it a 6 too. It's not a terrible game but it's very short and replay value is pretty much nonexistent. Imo it's a rental at best.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#4vigorm0rtisPosted 7/21/2013 10:24:38 PM
I personally really liked the look of the game. The camera's in close to give you a sense of speed when you webswing, because there's not actually much momentum in the swinging in the game.

I liked just swinging around in the game. A lot of it was pretty bad, though. I paid $15 for it and that's about what it's worth.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#5Just_The_TipPosted 7/21/2013 10:43:27 PM
Is Web of Shadows still the Spidey game to get this gen?
---
well i don't really hate you with a burning passion because i don't really give you that much thought, but i do think you're a ****ing idiot.
#6DividerByZeroPosted 7/21/2013 10:46:48 PM
Just_The_Tip posted...

I liked Shattered Dimensions, and while it was linear, the devs capitalized on that, I think.
---
Posted with GameRaven 0.3.20
#7FiyunPosted 7/21/2013 10:54:12 PM
It was a decent game. Even more so as a licensed one in the veins of Spider-Man 2 and Ultimate Spider-Man.

Was a pity you didn't have anything left to do after 1000/1000. Still, takes a chunk of hours to do everything. (~ 20 hours or so tops depending on your skill, and how much help you use)

And I can agree you should try get it at under 20$ if possible.

(Besides, the camera being a bit problematic during the x-treme mini-game, and the end-game bug if you pick anything but the default outfit.)
---
http://www.backloggery.com/trashknight
#8vigorm0rtisPosted 7/21/2013 11:16:18 PM
Just_The_Tip posted...

I think it is.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#9SunDevil77Posted 7/22/2013 3:36:02 AM
I loved TAS.
It isn't perfect, but it takes a page from Arkham's book. The combat is fun and works very well. The stealth is a lot of fun. Same with the free roam, which has tons of collectibles. It is actually surprisingly a good looking game with a decent sized city.

It actually continues the story from the movie and adds to the universe.

That being said, climbing walls can be wonky as hell sometimes.

I'd say its worth $30, and you might find it cheaper if you look around. The alternate costumes are great, too
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#10FocianPosted 7/22/2013 3:43:34 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
Just_The_Tip posted...

I think it is.

Same here. That combat system was to die for!
---
GT/PSN: Focian
The measure of a life is a measure of love and respect; So hard to earn, so easily burned.