This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This is why I can't take Dark Souls seriously as a game

#1pothocketPosted 7/22/2013 6:47:15 AM
http://i.imgur.com/D9R0iaQ.gif
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#2infinitexxPosted 7/22/2013 6:49:40 AM
He's too heavy, so he's rolling slow, not seeing the issue.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#3gudamanPosted 7/22/2013 6:56:57 AM
For his build though, those are some perfectly executed rolls... even though the other fighter just stands there like "wtf is he doing" its still great to see them competing!
---
gt: gudaman / PSN: OvaryPuncher9000
I'm open to pretty much any game you wanna play as long as I own it.
#4AWarAmp84Posted 7/22/2013 7:04:33 AM
I'm so glad I bought my copy used for $5. I gave it a couple chances to hook me in and in both cases ended up being bored out of my mind. My main gripe was the extremely clunky movement. So overrated.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#5joegt123Posted 7/22/2013 7:10:50 AM
Friend of mine who is a difficulty junkie says dark souls is all False Difficulty. Ninja Gaiden 1 on normal is more legitimately difficult.
---
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#6DxZ99Posted 7/22/2013 7:12:54 AM
It's one of those games where you're so hyped to play it again, so you go in all empty minded, thinking that you'll casually enjoy it. Then, first 67seconds in... you die.
#7Robin_MaskPosted 7/22/2013 7:14:16 AM
AWarAmp84 posted...
I'm so glad I bought my copy used for $5. I gave it a couple chances to hook me in and in both cases ended up being bored out of my mind. My main gripe was the extremely clunky movement. So overrated.

This is actually why I really dislike the gameplay in that game. It really does look and feel like a 3D game from the 90s.

joegt123 posted...
Friend of mine who is a difficulty junkie says dark souls is all False Difficulty. Ninja Gaiden 1 on normal is more legitimately difficult.

All the videos I have seen have enemies killing the players in 3 hits.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#8joegt123Posted 7/22/2013 7:18:54 AM
Robin_Mask posted...
AWarAmp84 posted...

This is actually why I really dislike the gameplay in that game. It really does look and feel like a 3D game from the 90s.

joegt123 posted...

That's exactly part of the false difficulty. Clunky, slow, awkward movement and enemies that can kill you in a handful of hits. So you need to move perfectly or die. That's not hard, that's bull****. You may as well be playing I Wanna Be The Guy.
---
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#9knightimexPosted 7/22/2013 8:02:20 AM
Dark Souls plays like a 1st gen paystation 1 title that looks like a 7th gen game
---
Next gen (Wii U, BX1, PS4) FTW!!!!
#10TheBeastWithinPosted 7/22/2013 8:13:57 AM
joegt123 posted...
Robin_Mask posted...
AWarAmp84 posted...

joegt123 posted...

That's exactly part of the false difficulty. Clunky, slow, awkward movement and enemies that can kill you in a handful of hits. So you need to move perfectly or die. That's not hard, that's bull****. You may as well be playing I Wanna Be The Guy.

Not clunky at all. The movement is very responsive. It is slower paced, that's true. But at no time is it unfair because the controls always respond exactly to what you're trying to do. And needing to move perfectly or die...that's almost the definition of needing skill right there. You have to develop that skill. Mostly it's about learning patterns. I guess you all just replace real life accomplishment with game accomplishment so when a game frustrates you, you can't take it. Which is fine. Plenty of easy games out there that mask their ease so you can feel good about yourself.
---
Run you pigeons, it's Robert Frost!