This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My bro and I downloaded the indie game "A game of Tennis" last night...

#1AWarAmp84Posted 7/22/2013 7:48:04 AM(edited)
It's pretty much Pong with a different name and for 80 msp we figured why not? We actually had a great time, especially after a few beers. I just found it so strange how something so simple can be so much fun yet at the same time yet I'd be willing to bet that many young gamers would not find it fun at all. I feel old now.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#2joegt123Posted 7/22/2013 7:48:07 AM(edited)
There's a lot of games that are fantastic while drunk.
---
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#3pothocketPosted 7/22/2013 7:51:45 AM
More developers need to understand that less-is-more in game design. Making things complex just for the sake of making things complex is poor game design.

Playing a lot of boardgames really opened my eyes to the art of streamlined game design and how the bigger-is-better approach more often than not ends up with bloated and clunky gameplay.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#4oasisbeyondPosted 7/22/2013 7:53:23 AM
A few beers will make the worst NES games a classic.
#5joegt123Posted 7/22/2013 8:01:51 AM
pothocket posted...
More developers need to understand that less-is-more in game design. Making things complex just for the sake of making things complex is poor game design.

Playing a lot of boardgames really opened my eyes to the art of streamlined game design and how the bigger-is-better approach more often than not ends up with bloated and clunky gameplay.

Imo, skyward sword is the only game that defeated the "bigger is better" mentality in recent memory. Bigger does tend to be better, so long as it's sufficiently supplied with things to do. And while I agree on the complexity vs simplicity, there's also too simple as much as too complex.

Example being tic tac toe, chess, and 3d chess (the star trek thing). Not a great example, but you get my point.
---
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#6AWarAmp84(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2013 8:32:50 AM
oasisbeyond posted...
A few beers will make the worst NES games a classic.

I said a few beers, not a case of beer.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.