This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Beta - Adding money to Microsoft Account?

#1Pyro-RoPosted 7/22/2013 1:49:21 PM
Is it possible to do this?

I want to buy a game on the xbox but only have $10 on my Microsoft Account (don't plan on buying any DLC anytime soon either).

Before the Beta I would've added any remaining points I needed with my credit card and then purchased it.

It looks like the only way to do this now is by redeeming points codes. But to get them I'd need to go down to a store thus making the whole 'digital revolution' pointless.

Tl;dr: How can I add money to my account without redeeming points codes?
---
GT: Inward Singing
#2josh924Posted 7/22/2013 1:56:50 PM(edited)
Have you tried buying something using your credit card? I don't have a credit card associated with my gamertag, but I imagine that should work fine.

EDIT: Basically, have you tried charging that game to your credit card?
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#3Ginsu VictimPosted 7/22/2013 1:53:06 PM
Buy a points code on Amazon. It will convert.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#4Pyro-Ro(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2013 2:08:28 PM
josh924 posted...
Have you tried buying something using your credit card? I don't have a credit card associated with my gamertag, but I imagine that should work fine.

I can buy things with my card but I wanted to use up the points/converted currency on my account first.
---
GT: Inward Singing
#5flame030191Posted 7/22/2013 2:21:59 PM
Pyro-Ro posted...
josh924 posted...

I can buy things with my card but I wanted to use up the points/converted currency on my account first.

I have the exact same problem. I have $2.50 on my account that I can't use because it can't pay for anything and the system refuses to subtract it from my total cost.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
MLG: because skill is determined by what you use, not how you play.
#6RumbleSmithPosted 7/22/2013 4:23:40 PM
Nobody in this topic is concerned about openly talking about beta features with their gamer tags showing? All it takes is one person screen shotting this and sending to Microsoft to ruin your day.
---
Rumble Rumble
#7flame030191Posted 7/22/2013 4:41:43 PM
RumbleSmith posted...
Nobody in this topic is concerned about openly talking about beta features with their gamer tags showing? All it takes is one person screen shotting this and sending to Microsoft to ruin your day.

If they really cared, they wouldn't have made a public forum on Xbox.com talking about the beta, it's features, and it's issues.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
MLG: because skill is determined by what you use, not how you play.
#8SoincMetalPosted 7/22/2013 4:44:37 PM
This is why things aren't fixed when the actual product comes out. People trying to police the forum instead of taking in information that will be helpful for them latter on. Once the betas done you'll have that update. Then encounter all the problems people have now cause some want them to be quiet about it.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#9josh924Posted 7/22/2013 6:07:47 PM
flame030191 posted...
RumbleSmith posted...

If they really cared, they wouldn't have made a public forum on Xbox.com talking about the beta, it's features, and it's issues.

I'm pretty sure the beta forums can't be accessed by anyone who's not in the beta.
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.