This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

For online fighting games..is it better to be played on the Xbox Live or PSN?

#1MangorushXIIIPosted 7/22/2013 4:13:30 PM
I'm debating whether to buy fighting games on the 360 or PS3 but I am not sure which version I should go with, I'll mainly will be playing for online and I hear the 360 is better and suited for these kind of games as it doesn't have any input lag and majority of pros plays on there correct?

I would like some opinion on this and hope you guys don't mind helping me out as I have no fighting games right now for either console..help would be appreciated.
---
Live: Mangorush V
PSN: MangorushV
#2SomnambulisticPosted 7/22/2013 4:14:52 PM
360 has the bigger and more active communities, PS3 has the better D-pad.
---
http://i.imgur.com/nH8i57r.gif
"I knew this was a bad idea, but in the continued absence of any good ones, I decided to go with it."
#3simonbelmont2Posted 7/22/2013 4:15:30 PM
It depends on the game I guess, one thing I have noticed is that the PS3 often has a larger online fanbase for fighters. This is probably because most fighting game series had a few games on the PS1 and or PS2 and a lot of those fans brought the PS3 too.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#4flame030191Posted 7/22/2013 4:19:11 PM
ElderPredator12 posted...

Not really, from what I've noticed. Granted, I've only looked at SSF4, MK9, and Injustice (all fairly recently) and compared them.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
MLG: because skill is determined by what you use, not how you play.
#5VeryDarkSoulPosted 7/22/2013 4:20:25 PM
ElderPredator12 posted...

you kidding? ps3 has some huge fighting communities. I go on tekken on the xbox and like 4 people are playing. I go on Blazblue on the xbox and like 5 people are playing.
---
Ron Paul 2012
#6flame030191Posted 7/22/2013 4:20:59 PM
But as for topic at hand, it all boils down to the game itself. Mortal Kombat and SF4 (not Super, but the original SF4) were nearly unplayable online, but Injustice and SSF4 run very smooth. It all really boils down to the controller (unless you're planning on using a fighting stick) and if you have friends who will play with you.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
MLG: because skill is determined by what you use, not how you play.
#7KakkaKarrotKakePosted 7/22/2013 4:27:27 PM
Injustisce and SSF4 run smoothly if you discount the input lag both games have online. IIRC, SSF4 on PS3 has input lag offline, something like 1 or 2 frames.

Marvel vs Capcom 2 and Super Turbo have better netcode on 360. The ps3 version has more noticeable rollbacks and glitches.
#8MangorushXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2013 4:46:31 PM
So is it best bet to play the majority of fighting games on PS3 then?
---
#9simonbelmont2Posted 7/22/2013 4:49:30 PM
MangorushXIII posted...

Personally I'd pick PS3 for the larger fanbase. I don't know if the online netcode is worse though, yet again I guess it depends on the game.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#10MangorushXIII(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2013 4:52:51 PM
simonbelmont2 posted...
MangorushXIII posted...

Personally I'd pick PS3 for the larger fanbase. I don't know if the online netcode is worse though, yet again I guess it depends on the game.

Yeah, I'm leaning towards the PS3 as some people are making it sound like here since I don't own a fighting stick so if larger fanbase is on the PS3, I guess I would go there and try to deal with the input lag/online service that many people seem to nitpick about the PS3 online being worse for fighting games.
---