This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Capcom needs to bring back games like Onimusha.

#1simonbelmont2Posted 7/22/2013 5:39:21 PM
Sometimes I wonder why Capcom never bothered to make modern versions of games like Onimusha, Shadow of Rome, Darkstalkers, Rival Schools, Captain Commando etc.

It's a shame we may never see games like that again.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#2TheBlueStigPosted 7/22/2013 5:57:30 PM
Onimusha is too hard for most modern gamers.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#3simonbelmont2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2013 6:00:33 PM
TheBlueStig posted...

Lol.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#4SunDevil77Posted 7/22/2013 6:09:22 PM
And their small indie franchise.

Not many people have heard of it. Pretty fun games by the name of Mega Man.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#5shawnmckPosted 7/22/2013 6:15:47 PM
I agree, but that doesn't mean Capcom wouldn't F it up by changing what made the series great in the first place.
For example, they could bring back the characters, but turn it into a fighting game where you did 20+ hit combos and accumulated points to unlock new fighting moves, and so on...which would then make it nothing like Onimusha series that you & I love.

BTW
Not only should they bring back the Onimusha series, but also the Dino Crisis series.
Just please don't change it so drastically that it becomes a parody of what it once was. Dino Crisis 3 is a perfect example.
#6Dragon NexusPosted 7/22/2013 7:32:32 PM
TheBlueStig posted...

Implying Onimusha was hard.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#7Just_The_TipPosted 7/22/2013 7:47:09 PM
I had fun beating the first two Onimusha's on my PS2.

They weren't exactly hard.
---
well i don't really hate you with a burning passion because i don't really give you that much thought, but i do think you're a ****ing idiot.
#8KakkaKarrotKakePosted 7/22/2013 8:23:25 PM
He's right, it's too hard for most modern gamers. You want the original difficulty? Shell out msp for 'hardcore' mode dlc.
#9PsychoDrama1Posted 7/22/2013 8:52:29 PM
Capcom needs a total cleansing of all top executives, and then hiring some of their older developers/creators before ever touching another beloved franchise again.
---
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals
#10C810Posted 7/22/2013 9:06:44 PM
Yes. I loved Onimusha 1 & 3. I didn't like 2 and never played 4, but I'd love to replay them in HD. Those games were awesomely fun, just minus the Kaede parts from 1
---
He has a robot body though, if he farted it would probably come out sounding like dubstep. - ISquat600lbs