This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Capcom needs to bring back games like Onimusha.

#11Gunvalkyrie2Posted 7/22/2013 9:26:50 PM
C810 posted...
Yes. I loved Onimusha 1 & 3. I didn't like 2 and never played 4, but I'd love to replay them in HD. Those games were awesomely fun, just minus the Kaede parts from 1

2 was the best game. 3 was trash..seriously a zoo back drop?
#12Oldskool_RulezPosted 7/22/2013 10:21:53 PM
I agree, Capcom needs to bring back Onimusha. I love all the games in the series, but I still need to buy Dawn of Dreams and Tactics. They're not too hard of games, except for Dawn of Dreams which can get crazy, but the games almost remind me of a Resident Evil/Devil May Cry hybrid.

I also think Capcom should make a Dino Crisis 4, and actually bring back Regina minus the space dinosaurs. That would be cool.
---
The DEATH cannot die!
You don't need a reason to help someone.
#13JackBurton85Posted 7/22/2013 10:28:08 PM
They needed to go back to games like Onimusha after Onimusha 2.

Seriously, even that series quickly lost what made it so special and cool in the first place. The original played out like Resident Evil with samuraii, with a bit more action thrown in of course. It had a definite survival horror feel to it amidst all the badass demon slicing and dicing. Onimusha 2 lost a great deal of that, but it wasn't totally gone and the game had enough going for it for that to be forgivable. Onimusha 3 did away with it entirely, completley lost the feel of the first game. Don't get me wrong, it was fun, but it was goofy as hell and far too fanciful with the time travel and paris and whatnot, def didn't feel unique and special like the original did. It felt like the type of goofy, generic crap Capcom churns out far too often nowadays.
#14M-dub___Posted 7/22/2013 11:02:02 PM
I believe dawn of dreams was a great onimusha game and was a step in the right direction for a new onimusha. If they ever do make a new one they need multiple playable characters like resident evil 6.
#15Sinist3r_BladePosted 7/23/2013 5:05:59 AM
Agree 100% TC. Another Chaos Legion would be nice too. Capcom was really shining during that era. Not sure WTF happened to them.
#16VeliconisPosted 7/23/2013 5:43:05 AM
Agree 100% TC. Another Chaos Legion would be nice too. Capcom was really shining during that era. Not sure WTF happened to them.

I remember Chaos Legion. That game was awesome fun but hard as hell from what I can remember. But it made it enjoyable.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
http://i.imgur.com/UzTVQwG.jpg
#17MangorushXIIIPosted 7/23/2013 6:07:52 AM
Onimusha 3 and Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams were freaking awesome games..I really love to play these games again, very fun times.
---
Live: Mangorush V
PSN: MangorushV
#18simonbelmont2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 7:36:13 AM
shawnmck posted...
I agree, but that doesn't mean Capcom wouldn't F it up by changing what made the series great in the first place.
For example, they could bring back the characters, but turn it into a fighting game where you did 20+ hit combos and accumulated points to unlock new fighting moves, and so on...which would then make it nothing like Onimusha series that you & I love.

BTW
Not only should they bring back the Onimusha series, but also the Dino Crisis series.
Just please don't change it so drastically that it becomes a parody of what it once was. Dino Crisis 3 is a perfect example.

Yeah, Dino Crisis was great! I played that when it first came out and I loved it, Capcom has created so many cool series over the years and they just neglect them.

I also agree that unfortunately even if Capcom did bring back those games they could botch em up by changing the gameplay so the game doesn't resemble the earlier ones in the series.

JackBurton85 posted...
They needed to go back to games like Onimusha after Onimusha 2.

Seriously, even that series quickly lost what made it so special and cool in the first place. The original played out like Resident Evil with samuraii, with a bit more action thrown in of course. It had a definite survival horror feel to it amidst all the badass demon slicing and dicing. Onimusha 2 lost a great deal of that, but it wasn't totally gone and the game had enough going for it for that to be forgivable. Onimusha 3 did away with it entirely, completley lost the feel of the first game. Don't get me wrong, it was fun, but it was goofy as hell and far too fanciful with the time travel and paris and whatnot, def didn't feel unique and special like the original did. It felt like the type of goofy, generic crap Capcom churns out far too often nowadays.

Yeah, this is exactly what Capcom always do, they change the games too much. I actually enjoyed Onimusha 3 though despite the fact that it lost the atmosphere and survival horror aspects which was a shame. DoD was decent too and I did enjoy it even though I feel it's the weakest in the series because of the changes they made.

I didn't think the games were hard personally, also in the first game players could easily break any difficulty by farming for souls in any level as all the enemies respawned when you left a room.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#19simonbelmont2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 7:37:14 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#20simonbelmont2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 7:39:22 AM
Oldskool_Rulez posted...
I agree, Capcom needs to bring back Onimusha. I love all the games in the series, but I still need to buy Dawn of Dreams and Tactics. They're not too hard of games, except for Dawn of Dreams which can get crazy, but the games almost remind me of a Resident Evil/Devil May Cry hybrid.

I also think Capcom should make a Dino Crisis 4, and actually bring back Regina minus the space dinosaurs. That would be cool.

Lol, DoD had that tower mode thing where you had to fight wave after wave of enemies, it did get quite hard once the strong enemies turned up like those damn flying wizards.

Veliconis posted...

I remember Chaos Legion. That game was awesome fun but hard as hell from what I can remember. But it made it enjoyable.

I haven't played Chaos Legion since it came out, an update would be cool.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him