This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The latest Microsoft Marketplace 'sale' is selling games for more than Gamestop

#11Explicit DankPosted 7/22/2013 10:31:52 PM
ChrisHanson24 posted...
harvest master posted...
ChrisHanson24 posted...
used games don't count

the majority are too old to be found new, and even with used games you're still getting more than what you get from a digital download. of course it counts.

wrong, you can find almost any game new on half.com, also, ur right you are getting more with a used game, more as in scratches on the disc, somebody's booger in the instruction manual, and fecal matter on the case.

and I thought I was the only who did that to their cases...
---
Parental Advisory - Explicit Dank
#12harvest master(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 12:10:03 AM
glassghost0 posted...
harvest master posted...
Only one of these games is even being sold new, so especially in this situation, the price of the used game is the price of the game. Bottom line.

You looking in 1 place for a game doesn't equal the value of it everywhere.

Gamestop isn't the end all be all

you're right, but it's a fairly good indicator.

The Xbox Marketplace has rip off prices probably for the vast majority of games. It's crazy that they think even the oldest games are still worth $15, and a sale means to to bring the a price from 'ridiculously high' to 'way too high'.

does PSN do this? I wonder what a sale looks like for them.
---
Schnoggle my boggle baby
#13Banana_ManaPosted 7/23/2013 12:40:46 AM
Winternova posted...
Wow! Why do these apples not taste like those oranges?

Stop stealing my fruit!
---
Top Ten E3 Announcements:
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/2013/06/top-bananas-e3-ten-best-e3-2013.html
#14656stoogePosted 7/23/2013 1:15:39 AM
The best part is that next week all of these games will be back up to their regular price, and even now you still need a paid subscription to LIVE to benefit from the sale.

Can't wait for a full DD future. *eye roll*
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#15SolidStryderPosted 7/23/2013 1:31:26 AM
656stooge posted...
The best part is that next week all of these games will be back up to their regular price, and even now you still need a paid subscription to LIVE to benefit from the sale.

Lol @ anyone without gold. On topic, I have no idea why digital/new games cost more than used games that have been god knows where and thrown around for years.
#16flame030191Posted 7/23/2013 1:34:48 AM
SolidStryder posted...
656stooge posted...

Lol @ anyone without gold. On topic, I have no idea why digital/new games cost more than used games that have been god knows where and thrown around for years.

That's about like saying "lol@anyone without PS+"

Some people just don't see it as a service that they would benefit from.
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
MLG: because skill is determined by what you use, not how you play.
#17Splice_Posted 7/23/2013 3:39:46 AM
If Microsoft really does want to combat the used game market then they absolutely need to undersell GameStop or at LEAST match them. As a dev would you rather get $5 for your game because someone bought it online, or would you rather receive $0 because everyone bought the cheaper used copy? They need to run more quality sales more frequently or they'll never convert the used game buyers over and it'll continually hurt the industry. I paid $10 for Dark Souls when it was on sale and that's better than I'd find in a store so I bought it. Were they to run sales like that more frequently I'd spend more money with them.
#18656stoogePosted 7/23/2013 4:27:42 AM
flame030191 posted...
SolidStryder posted...
That's about like saying "lol@anyone without PS+"

Some people just don't see it as a service that they would benefit from.

Exactly. I only play single player games. If I ever get the urge to play a bit of multiplayer I can do it for free on my PS3.
---
For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died.
#19CyricsServantPosted 7/23/2013 4:34:31 AM
SolidStryder posted...
656stooge posted...

Because Microsoft thinks (perhaps rightly) people will pay their premium for the sake of convenience.

Stuff like this is precisely why I'm glad the Xbone's DRM policies fell through.

I'm not upset about the crap sale though. It's not like I'm obligated to buy anything. And besides, Steam just had an awesome sale. I'll be playing those downloads for a while.
#20WinternovaPosted 7/23/2013 5:43:08 AM
Banana_Mana posted...
Winternova posted...
Wow! Why do these apples not taste like those oranges?

Stop stealing my fruit!

Is that a banana in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)