This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The latest Microsoft Marketplace 'sale' is selling games for more than Gamestop

#21Fierce_Deity_08Posted 7/23/2013 6:05:11 AM
This is why I'm buying some games at Gamestop instead of Games on Demand.
Halo 3 ODST is $20 on Demand (only the Campaign mode). I can get the whole thing at Gamestop for $10.
Not to mention that not all of us have or can get good internet service. ( I swear, sometimes our service is like 56k dial-up, but through the air.)
---
With a roar of thunder and crash of lightning, I am Fierce Deity!
Hyrule Dream Address: 5900-2177-3530/ GT: OnikaraStar
#22Banana_ManaPosted 7/23/2013 6:31:57 AM
Winternova posted...
Banana_Mana posted...
Winternova posted...
Wow! Why do these apples not taste like those oranges?

Stop stealing my fruit!

Is that a banana in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?

:D

It, most assuredly, is not a banana...
---
Top Ten E3 Announcements:
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/2013/06/top-bananas-e3-ten-best-e3-2013.html
#23Vampire WraithPosted 7/23/2013 6:42:24 AM
ChrisHanson24 posted...
harvest master posted...
ChrisHanson24 posted...
used games don't count

the majority are too old to be found new, and even with used games you're still getting more than what you get from a digital download. of course it counts.

also, ur right you are getting more with a used game, more as in scratches on the disc, somebody's booger in the instruction manual, and fecal matter on the case.

Where the hell do you shop for used games?
---
"I havent experienced any bugs nin this game" - manta53 about WWE 13
#24Banana_ManaPosted 7/23/2013 6:43:52 AM
Vampire Wraith posted...
ChrisHanson24 posted...
harvest master posted...
ChrisHanson24 posted...
used games don't count

the majority are too old to be found new, and even with used games you're still getting more than what you get from a digital download. of course it counts.

also, ur right you are getting more with a used game, more as in scratches on the disc, somebody's booger in the instruction manual, and fecal matter on the case.

Where the hell do you shop for used games?

Butcher's.

You?
---
Top Ten E3 Announcements:
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/2013/06/top-bananas-e3-ten-best-e3-2013.html
#25SheepinatorPosted 7/23/2013 6:54:51 AM
harvest master posted...

Are you looking at GameStop to try and find new copies of those? Don't you know GameStop makes twice as much profit margin from used games as new games, so of course they don't keep new games in stock for longer than they have to? I looked on Amazon and every one of those games on your list was available new.

IMO MS has had decent sales in the last few weeks. It's definitely an improvement over before.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#26X8xJokesterx7XPosted 7/23/2013 7:05:12 AM
Hahaha Microsoft and deals is an oxymoron.....$14.99 for the first assassin's creed is just rediculous. Not to mention they wouldn't even think about doing deals on new releases, that concept is alien to them. I bought metro last light on psn day of release for $15 off. I just laugh when I read Microsoft and deals used in the same sentence.
---
PSNDaJokester87 XBLX8xJokesterx7X
#27simonbelmont2Posted 7/23/2013 7:28:05 AM
X8xJokesterx7X posted...
Hahaha Microsoft and deals is an oxymoron.....$14.99 for the first assassin's creed is just rediculous. Not to mention they wouldn't even think about doing deals on new releases, that concept is alien to them. I bought metro last light on psn day of release for $15 off. I just laugh when I read Microsoft and deals used in the same sentence.

Microsoft has had some decent deals lately but they are usually rubbish with their GoD prices. $14.99 for the first AC is a prime example, you could probably buy it new from Amazon for cheaper.

As another poster said if digital games were cheaper more gamers would buy them and forget about buying used.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#28SheepinatorPosted 7/23/2013 7:33:15 AM
simonbelmont2 posted...
Microsoft has had some decent deals lately but they are usually rubbish with their GoD prices. $14.99 for the first AC is a prime example, you could probably buy it new from Amazon for cheaper.

As another poster said if digital games were cheaper more gamers would buy them and forget about buying used.

I think they're treading a thin line. They need retailers like GameStop to sell low margin consoles, so they tend to sell digital games at MSRP, which retailers under-cut. They don't have the advantage Steam has of not needing to worry about how to sell hardware.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#29simonbelmont2Posted 7/23/2013 7:41:12 AM
Sheepinator posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...

I think they're treading a thin line. They need retailers like GameStop to sell low margin consoles, so they tend to sell digital games at MSRP, which retailers under-cut. They don't have the advantage Steam has of not needing to worry about how to sell hardware.

That's a very good point mate.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#30X8xJokesterx7XPosted 7/23/2013 7:46:46 AM
Sheepinator posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...

Well Sony comes up with some alright to good deals, why can't MS? In no way am I an"$ony pony" or whatever this board dubs opinionated posters, I own more 360 games than I even played on my ps3, but last weeks deal and this weeks deal is a joke. I agree that not all deals MS do are terrible, some are actually pretty good, but $5 off I really wouldn't consider a deal. It's more of ur not paying for the tax end of the purchase
---
PSNDaJokester87 XBLX8xJokesterx7X