This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The latest Microsoft Marketplace 'sale' is selling games for more than Gamestop

#61FredSavage27Posted 7/23/2013 4:08:46 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
Digital also means you can't play s*** when there's issues with Live (like right f***ing now), and there's also the fact that any digital game can be taken away from you at any time for any reason, all the consoles and most cellphones have remote deletion built into them, and if you're banned for any reason, you're f***ed, you're forced to re-purchase EVERYTHING.

I've been able to play digital games and DLC offline just fine.
#62codman4Posted 7/23/2013 5:56:23 PM
Not sure why people are getting upset over horrible sale prices on xbox. They've had awful sales for years.

You can find about 90% of these games cheaper on pc anyway, even without sale prices.
#63AikonMonkPosted 7/23/2013 6:00:10 PM
Winternova posted...
Wow! Why do these apples not taste like those oranges?

Ahh Hell, Winter, you made me laugh. Good point, too.
---
GT: DEDLY CUKE
#64harvest master(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 8:46:36 PM
BLACK_HUNTEX posted...
harvest master posted...
ChrisHanson24 posted...
used games don't count

the majority are too old to be found new, and even with used games you're still getting more than what you get from a digital download. of course it counts.

Digital means you dont have to worry about it breaking or being scratched up. If a game is $7.00 used then i dont mind paying $10 and know i own it forever without it breaking.

but you don't own it forever, you own it until someone else decides it's advantageous to pull the plug on you
---
Schnoggle my boggle baby
#65dcn2424Posted 7/23/2013 10:46:58 PM
Digital download? No more digital downloads for me. I actually prefer owning my games
#66harvest master(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2013 9:09:37 PM
dcn2424 posted...
Digital download? No more digital downloads for me. I actually prefer owning my games

this is definitely going to be longer lasting.

I wonder if MS will lower the prices before they pull the plug on the service, or what the 360 marketplace will look like in 4 years.
---
Schnoggle my boggle baby
#67Ac3000_alt_2Posted 7/31/2013 5:54:49 PM
Winternova posted...

This. Epic win.
---
"No silicone heaven? That's preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?" - Kryten, Red Dwarf
#68harvest master(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2013 1:28:32 AM
Ac3000_alt_2 posted...
Winternova posted...

This. Epic win.

why? it's apples and apples.
---
Schnoggle my boggle baby
#69SolidStryderPosted 8/1/2013 4:32:12 AM
harvest master posted...
BLACK_HUNTEX posted...
harvest master posted...
ChrisHanson24 posted...
used games don't count

the majority are too old to be found new, and even with used games you're still getting more than what you get from a digital download. of course it counts.

Digital means you dont have to worry about it breaking or being scratched up. If a game is $7.00 used then i dont mind paying $10 and know i own it forever without it breaking.

but you don't own it forever, you own it until someone else decides it's advantageous to pull the plug on you

Link?
#70JaghavePosted 8/1/2013 6:09:53 AM
ChrisHanson24 posted...
used games don't count

Digital games can't be consider new they are more like a lease since the arcade place will be shutdown sooner or later and if u erase ur file or hdd corrupts after the shutdown u lost that game and ur money forever
---
I7-2600k OC @ 4.10GHZ | GeForce GTX 580 | 8 GB DDR3. http://www.backloggery.com/jaghave
I fought the law and the law lost