This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are some couch co op shooters like Aegis Wing?

#21MrBathingApePosted 7/23/2013 12:36:01 PM
Super Creatures posted...
SiO4 posted...
Uhhh...I realize that, but considering TC is just asking a basic, Where to start from...type question, I figured I wasn't going to load my answer up with a bunch of region locked import games....just sayin.

What does that have to do with DS2X being a Games on Demand title and NOT an Xbox Live Arcade title.

People need to learn that XBLA is a specific section of the marketplace for specific games, it is not the entirety of the marketplace, and despite what some less than intelligent users want to believe, it is not a term for all games available on the marketplace.

Go to the Arcade section of the marketplace (once XBL is actually working properly) and try to find DS2X, trust me, you aren't going to find it listed, because it isn't an XBLA title, it is a GoD title, found under the GoD section.

Mate, sort your life out.
---
Shoot him again!
His soul is still dancing.
#22Walkman_005(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 3:38:13 PM
I settled on Ikaruga.

I wish the graphics were crisper like Aegis Wing. And several of the others you guys mentioned have way too much going on for me.

I like the polarity reversing mechanic in this one and challenging difficulty.
#23SheepinatorPosted 7/23/2013 4:19:27 PM
Walkman_005 posted...
I settled on Ikaruga.

I wish the graphics were crisper like Aegis Wing. And several of the others you guys mentioned have way too much going on for me.

I like the polarity reversing mechanic in this one and challenging difficulty.

You say the others have too much going on compared to Ikaruga? Good luck trying to finish that game... on TrueAchievements which is going to be mostly hard core gamers, only 19% have beaten chapter 5.

Anyway, if you like that gameplay mechanic you should check out Outland in the Arcade. Similar light/dark polarity in a Metroidvania style wrapper, and great art style.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#24SiO4Posted 7/23/2013 5:24:55 PM
Heh the apparent simplicity of Ikaruga is deceiving.
Ikaruga is great but it was made for veteran shooter fans.

Go for it though, at some point, if you like the genre you'll realize that all of the good games are worth getting.
---
"Whatever the reason you're on Mars, I'm glad you're there, and I wish I was with you." ~Carl Sagan.
Currently playing: Flight Simulator X.~PC