This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Would you buy a Guitar Hero style indie game?

#11crynryan(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 4:56:31 PM
CaIiber345 posted...
My questions are:

1. How much would those DLC packs cost us?
2. Any chance you'd get a few Led Zeppelin songs?

1. $3 or $5, as that's what Microsoft allows games that are bigger than 150MB. Individual songs for Rock Band/Guitar Hero were $2, so it's a much better price (~20 songs per pack, savings of ~$35).
2. Rock Band and Guitar Hero never had them, and seeing as how I'm an individual without millions to throw at them, not gonna happen. I also vaguely remember Jimmy Paige saying something about him wanting people to learn real instruments, which is probably a big reason as to why none of the games had any Zeppelin (I think all band members have to agree to sign contracts and whatnot to allow the licensing of their music). AC/DC did show up in that Track Pack though, so maybe Rock Band might get a Zeppelin game at some point.
---
This feels warm. What is this feeling? Is it of warmth?
#12Yorkshire_14Posted 7/23/2013 5:16:04 PM(edited)
crynryan posted...
CaIiber345 posted...
My questions are:

1. $3 or $5, as that's what Microsoft allows games that are bigger than 150MB. Individual songs for Rock Band/Guitar Hero were $2, so it's a much better price (~20 songs per pack, savings of ~$35).
2. Rock Band and Guitar Hero never had them, and seeing as how I'm an individual without millions to throw at them, not gonna happen. I also vaguely remember Jimmy Paige saying something about him wanting people to learn real instruments, which is probably a big reason as to why none of the games had any Zeppelin (I think all band members have to agree to sign contracts and whatnot to allow the licensing of their music). AC/DC did show up in that Track Pack though, so maybe Rock Band might get a Zeppelin game at some point.

FYI All Rock Band 1 & 2 DLC is now half price. Rock Band 3 has a Pro Mode which allows players to learn how to play songs in real life. Also there isn't going to be another Rock Band ever or DLC for it except RBN.
---
Currently Playing: Alpha Protocol
Playing Next: Mass Effect 3 (with DLC)
#13crynryan(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 5:46:55 PM
Yorkshire_14 posted...
FYI All Rock Band 1 & 2 DLC is now half price. Rock Band 3 has a Pro Mode which allows players to learn how to play songs in real life. Also there isn't going to be another Rock Band ever or DLC for it except RBN.

Be that as it may, $3 or $5 for 20 songs is better than $20 for 20. And there was an interview with one of the founders of Harmonix who said that Rock Band would return at the right point in time.

Activision has also said that they're waiting for the right ideas to come to mind before they're going to release another Guitar Hero.
---
This feels warm. What is this feeling? Is it of warmth?
#14CaIiber345Posted 7/23/2013 6:18:25 PM
crynryan posted...
CaIiber345 posted...
My questions are:

I was giving you a bit of the business about Zepp... :D

Otherwise, if you get something together, I'd show support. :)
---
The Price is Right, Don Mattrick, and a nuclear submarine all walk into a bar...
Is it GTA V yet? Wake me up when it's GTA V.