This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Borderlands 2 questions

#1lilty96Posted 7/23/2013 7:31:59 AM
I'm considering getting this game but I have a couple questions. Is this game for $20 new a good deal? Does this game have good replay value? What is the overall difficulty on a scale of 1-10? What can you do on XBL? Can it play local split screen co-op?

~Thanks in Advance
---
heartgold fc- 3352 5824 3735
Diamond Friend Code:2751 4441 9647
#2pothocketPosted 7/23/2013 7:38:59 AM(edited)
Yes, you can play it local splitscreen. The game isn't very hard but a lot of it depends on your level and gear. If enemies become bullet sponges it's time to use a different gun. And yes, it's worth $20.

There is a good amount of replay value in playing as a different character (classes play very differently from each other) or continuing with the one you beat the game with in newgame+.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#3SheepinatorPosted 7/23/2013 7:36:40 AM
Yeah that's a great deal. If you do all the side missions you should get 40+ hours from it, and the 4 story DLC's probably average another 5-6 hours each. The game is easy because you grind as much as you need, though my coop buddy and I both found the difficulty to be much better balanced than BL1 and didn't need to grind or struggle anywhere. The story is paper thin but the core loop of killing and collecting loot is always satisfying. I'm sure it's fun enough solo but also better with friends.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#4Banana_ManaPosted 7/23/2013 7:37:34 AM
Great game...

Although I disagree that it isn't that hard... There were moments in TVHM (2nd playthrough) that offered a decent difficulty level: Quite hard.

I'm starting a UVHM (3rd) this weekend... I imagine it will be fairly taxing.

Anyway... A great game TC, buy it!
---
Top Ten E3 Announcements:
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/2013/06/top-bananas-e3-ten-best-e3-2013.html
#5SheepinatorPosted 7/23/2013 7:38:17 AM
P.S. As pothocket notes there are different characters. I was only talking about the time to beat it once. You get 4 in the game and I think 2 more are DLC.
---
#6Banana_ManaPosted 7/23/2013 7:40:07 AM
So much replay value there...

My siren is level 50.
Gunzerker 22.
Assassin 14.
Mechromancer 27/8...

I've put a decent amount of time in! :D
---
Top Ten E3 Announcements:
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/2013/06/top-bananas-e3-ten-best-e3-2013.html
#7yiangaruuugaPosted 7/23/2013 8:36:20 AM
Some people have put in over 250+ hours in it so replay value is definitely there.
There is now 6 characters you can play as all with their very own special ability and skills trees.

There are 3 campaign modes and you unlock the next mode when you beat the previous one: Vault Hunter (normal), True Vault Hunter (hard), Ultimate Vault Hunter (Very hard especially solo).

Side Missions is a must to do in order to progress due to enemy levels, gear, etc. It took me roughly 24 hours to beat the main game and all side missions on my first playthrough (excluding DLC). You can replay the DLC in each of the campaign modes so each campaign will net you a solid 40+ hours to do.

There are 4 DLC (3 of which are pretty decent and adds at least 8 hours to the game), and some more DLC on the way.

I played this game solo and had a blast, and I believe the game was worth the $65 I payed when it launched.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix
Now Playing: BF3, DC 2 Waiting for: MW3,Skyrim, ACR...Monster Hunter is the **** btw.
#8TheBlueStigPosted 7/23/2013 8:44:49 AM
I got it for just 800 points in the sale last week, it's worth that and more to me just for the singleplayer alone, my Gunzerker is currently at level 22.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#9simonbelmont2Posted 7/23/2013 8:51:27 AM
I couldn't really get into the first game as I found it a bit boring. There was no real story and it seemed like all you really do is kill enemies and search for new loot. I think if I enjoyed the combat more I probably would of been more inclined to continue with the game. I didn't play the game for that long though so my view could be wrong.

What is the second game like?
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#10SheepinatorPosted 7/23/2013 8:53:48 AM
simonbelmont2 posted...
I couldn't really get into the first game as I found it a bit boring. There was no real story and it seemed like all you really do is kill enemies and search for new loot. I think if I enjoyed the combat more I probably would of been more inclined to continue with the game. I didn't play the game for that long though so my view could be wrong.

What is the second game like?

Exactly the same, with more polish. Graphics seem sharper and with better draw distance and more consistent frame rate, story is just as weak. If you didn't enjoy BL1 I doubt BL2 would change your mind, but also because it's similar I'd say anyone interested in BL should go straight to 2.
---