This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you have any gaming traditions/rituals?

#1gadragodPosted 7/23/2013 1:16:14 PM
For instance, when a sequel I'm interested in is nearing release, I try to either replay the game's entire series, which can turn into a marathon (Assassin's Creed...), or at least the newer game's most immediate predecessor.

What do you do? Madden right before the Super Bowl? Amateur fighting game tournaments? Do you play a particular type of game during the holidays? Etc.
#2raxidPosted 7/23/2013 1:31:36 PM
i always try to find out the ending of the game before i play it. i don't find it fun to be in the dark about how things end.
---
Xbox360 Gamertag: Teddy H // PSN Tag: TeddyH
#3CaIiber345Posted 7/23/2013 1:46:51 PM
When a new GTA or Elder Scrolls is coming out, I go back and play the previous installment for awhile. I don't replay the story, but just mess around and finish up whatever I didn't get to over the course.

For Elder Scrolls: When I start the game for the first time, I have a fresh cup of Dunkin Donuts coffee (hot or iced depending on the season). I turn off all the lights in the living room, except for the three track lights on one of the walls. I always light a candle. Then I crank up my TB headphones and listen to/watch whatever idle song/theme/sequence the main screen has. By that point I am at epic levels of excitement and then after the tutorial mission, i spend the first two hours just staring at grass, rocks, leaves, the sky, and every other detail.

For GTA, it's basically the coffee and TB headphones, but after watching the title screen I read the entire game manual. For GTA V I preordered the Collectors Edition, so I will look at each piece of loot before finally playing the game.

Whenever possible, pizza is the gaming food of choice for these events. I also make sure to have and wear a t-shirt specifically for that game. Nothing special or crazy overall, I know.
---
The Price is Right, Don Mattrick, and a nuclear submarine all walk into a bar...
Is it GTA V yet? Wake me up when it's GTA V.
#4darkharePosted 7/23/2013 3:54:23 PM
ive been known to not play a game if the achievements are lame and or all the achievements have the same picture, im also not a fan of games having online only achievements but that doesn't sway me in not buying the game.

I and a few friends of mine brew beer, so I almost always have a few drinks while playing games in the middle of the night while the families sleeping.

---
The future of Console Gaming, are the gamers. vote with your $!
#5Cal873Posted 7/23/2013 3:58:33 PM
gadragod posted...
For instance, when a sequel I'm interested in is nearing release, I try to either replay the game's entire series, which can turn into a marathon (Assassin's Creed...), or at least the newer game's most immediate predecessor.

What do you do? Madden right before the Super Bowl? Amateur fighting game tournaments? Do you play a particular type of game during the holidays? Etc.

I do the same as you, but mostly just for story heavy games. My Metal Gear Solid and Mass Effect marathons definitely stand out in my memory.
---
Gamertag: LeB1anc
PSN: TheLeBlanc
#6Walkman_005Posted 7/23/2013 4:17:17 PM
raxid posted...
i always try to find out the ending of the game before i play it. i don't find it fun to be in the dark about how things end.

You can research more about the ending AFTER you beat it as well...

I don't see how anyone could possibly enjoy this.
#7SunDevil77Posted 7/23/2013 4:34:28 PM
Me and my whole family have a Starcraft battle every Christmas Eve. We're an odd family.
---
Justice...is what I seek, Kemosabe.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539