This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gametrailers: Final Verdict - Mass Effect 3

#1levyjl1988Posted 7/23/2013 8:28:02 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/epd6xc/the-final-verdict-mass-effect-3
Agree/ Disagree? Wonder what the Xbox 360 boards think.
---
I hate games with bad game design
#2velvet_hammerPosted 7/23/2013 8:31:16 PM
ME3 was a pretty solid scifi TPS.. as an RPG game it was a failure.

with that terrible end and how nothing really mattered even from ME 1 I'd still rate it a 8.5/10 maybe even 9/10
---
"Hope you got a powerful chin, b/c they say a blow j** is flowers for men"
#3WinternovaPosted 7/23/2013 8:50:11 PM
11/10. There's never been a better game and it will take a lot to surpass the perfection that is ME3.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#4CyricsServantPosted 7/23/2013 8:55:31 PM(edited)
Great game, though there weren't enough roleplaying elements, the consequences of our decisions were highly unsatisfying, and the ending is probably the worst I've seen in a video game . . . you know, barring those non-endings in games like Cool Spot or Skeleton Krew.

Still, it was still a well made game; maybe even good enough to be worthy of a 9/10 with the From Ashes DLC.
#5NIN_tendoPosted 7/23/2013 9:10:27 PM
Gameplay wise it's a great game, and the multiplayer was fantastic. The ending just didn't make sense, and some people are okay with that and that's fine. But I am not. I'm not going to pretend that they didn't screw up when they tried to fix some of the things they screwed up (the extended ending showing the rings of the mass relays fall off and the Citadel stay together instead of blowing apart) and in some cases made them worse. The whole picking up your squadmates in the middle of the run to the beam? That is stupid for so many reasons. Not to mention the whole lying about how many endings there were. People are too dismissive because they personally found no fault in it, and always apply whatever opinions they think are unreasonable to whoever tries to argue that they didn't like the ending.

I didn't mention anything about wanting a happy ending, and in fact am totally fine without one, and I never once said the ending ruined the entire game. Yet even after saying that I'm sure someone will still say those things about me because lol I troll u or entitlement lol or whatever.

Anyway, yeah I really liked the game, and it's one of my favorites ever. But it has problems and the ending is the biggest one. The whole thing isn't ruined but it's still tainted. It is what it is.
---
Wii FC 3756-1965-4560-5571
360 GT xX NIN tendo
#6PatchworkPosted 7/23/2013 9:18:00 PM
One of the best games this generation.
---
The mind is its own place, and in itself
Can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n.
#7SilentBPosted 7/23/2013 9:52:50 PM
Pretty neat video, thanks for posting it. Unfortunately discussing Mass Effect 3's ending turns quickly into two sides insulting each other. Hopefully that won't happen in this topic, but I won't be holding my breath. Also, the term "entitlement" being misused as often as it was made my blood boil.

I was very disappointing with the ending, and I haven't picked up the series since. Maybe my expectations were too high, and like they mentioned in the video, creating a satisfying ending is very difficult. I completely understand that, and emphasize with BioWare. Like others have said, it's probably one of the best games of this generation. The ending just killed everything for me, it's frustrating to even think about again. It's nice to know I'm not alone with my opinion.

I remembered the ending of Mass Effect 2, quite possibly the best final mission and ending to any game I've ever played. I get chills even thinking about it, that was so awesome.
---
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view."
#8majinbuu58Posted 7/23/2013 10:06:20 PM
Patchwork posted...
One of the best games this generation.
#9DarkSymbiotePosted 7/23/2013 10:25:14 PM
I can't watch GT videos anymore due to how crappy their current site is. Tell me what they said.
---
My The Last of Us Review:
gamefaqs.com/ps3/652686-the-last-of-us/reviews/review-154646