This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a reason Xbox charges $10 more than PSN for the same games?

#41Mr_Burgener(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 10:22:30 PM
glassghost0 posted...
Well, I take that back, you've played some games, but it looks like you start the majority of them, play them for a couple minutes, then stop.

That's because most of them suck lol. You can tell the ones I like because I actually finish them.
#42Mr_Burgener(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 10:23:44 PM
Which I'm sure I'm one of the few who feel this way, but Halo 4 was atrocious. I loved 1-3, but after about an hour of 4 I don't ever want to see that game again.
#43lostnumberwarPosted 7/23/2013 10:29:34 PM
Mr_Burgener posted...
lostnumberwar posted...
It says the percentage taken off over each game before you select it.
When it says deal of the week exclusive to gold then obviously you as a non gold member would not be able to buy the game at the gold price. What you keep seeing is the price you can buy it at because you are not gold but still going to the buy screen for the game. When you see exclusive to gold written before seeing a 50% off this game ad you should be able to figure out the rest.
If you aren't gold it's 19.99 but if you are gold you can get 50% off of that. Not too difficult to grasp.

Right, I see that now...I'm used to PSN's system being much different, where they'll list the percent off and it will automatically be taken off of the price when you go in to purchase it (it lists both the normal and PS+ discounts). I assumed that Xbox worked the same way, so I thought that the 19.99 was with the 50% already taken off.

And yes, I know it's not hard to grasp, but I initially clicked on the panel on the main Xbox page, and it doesn't say anything about the sales being gold exclusive, it just says "Tom Clancy Sale". After reading your posts I went back through the menus and I see what you're talking about.

Why the hell would it show you a price that you as a non member can't buy it at?
I have a PS3 and as a non PS+ member it does not show me the discount price at the buy in screen I wouldn't expect it to either. I would expect it to show me the price I am actually buying the game for whether I was a member or not. The advertisement panels on the marketplace may show the PS+ price but when I go into the buy in screen it no longer shows this. It shouldn't at all. It should show me the price I will be paying which it does. Same thing here you went to the buy in screen and it showed you the price you would be paying.
---
http://tinyurl.com/munz2mb
#44Mr_Burgener(Topic Creator)Posted 7/23/2013 10:35:31 PM
lostnumberwar posted...
Mr_Burgener posted...
lostnumberwar posted...
It says the percentage taken off over each game before you select it.
When it says deal of the week exclusive to gold then obviously you as a non gold member would not be able to buy the game at the gold price. What you keep seeing is the price you can buy it at because you are not gold but still going to the buy screen for the game. When you see exclusive to gold written before seeing a 50% off this game ad you should be able to figure out the rest.
If you aren't gold it's 19.99 but if you are gold you can get 50% off of that. Not too difficult to grasp.

Right, I see that now...I'm used to PSN's system being much different, where they'll list the percent off and it will automatically be taken off of the price when you go in to purchase it (it lists both the normal and PS+ discounts). I assumed that Xbox worked the same way, so I thought that the 19.99 was with the 50% already taken off.

And yes, I know it's not hard to grasp, but I initially clicked on the panel on the main Xbox page, and it doesn't say anything about the sales being gold exclusive, it just says "Tom Clancy Sale". After reading your posts I went back through the menus and I see what you're talking about.

Why the hell would it show you a price that you as a non member can't buy it at?
I have a PS3 and as a non PS+ member it does not show me the discount price at the buy in screen I wouldn't expect it to either. I would expect it to show me the price I am actually buying the game for whether I was a member or not. The advertisement panels on the marketplace may show the PS+ price but when I go into the buy in screen it no longer shows this. It shouldn't at all. It should show me the price I will be paying which it does. Same thing here you went to the buy in screen and it showed you the price you would be paying.

On PSN it shows you the discount price at some point though...obviously it doesn't show you that price when you're actually buying it, but initially you can see what the price would be with the discount.

Again, I assumed that the 50% had already been taken off by the time I went into the sale screen...and again, I went to the "Tom Clancy Sale" panel from the main screen, and therefore saw nothing about it being a gold members only deal. Yes I can do the math and divide by 2 on my own (:P) but I still think it would be more clear if they did something similar to sony, with the normal price and sale price both displayed somewhere. Again, thank you for clarifying for me. I'm honestly not trying to troll, I was simply in awe when I logged on and saw that.