This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good time to get a 360? and exclusives?

#1Masterpain22Posted 7/24/2013 7:06:30 PM
For this last generation I have a ps3 and a Wii, and I'm already planning to get ps4 not too long after it comes out. I don't believe in console wars and I just try to allow myself to experience as many games as possible while still being budget conscious.

I would believe that this would be a good time to get a not to pricey 360 ( i would prefer new) and exclusive games, but my questions are:
-Is there a 360 version that is more recommended than the others?
-I have never played a Halo game, but it is a series I would definitely like to try out and I enjoy multiplayer shooters. Which Halo game can I get for the 360 that is active online and it is also the most fun? Is it possible to play the whole series on the 360?
-What extra costs do I have to be aware of? (Xbox live gold membership thing, wifi dodingle, things like that).

Any other info I should be aware of before buying would also be appreciated. Feel free to let me know anything that you would recommend about the system for someone that would like to jump in and enjoy as much as possible.

Thanks in advance
---
PSN: Orca22
#2HairlessTugboatPosted 7/24/2013 10:18:04 PM
I prefer the slim model.
All the Halo's are playable on the 360 as far as I know.
Halo 4 is the most active multiplayer wise, but Halo 3 was my favorite.
The slim comes with built in wifi, so all you would need is a membership and a mic. A new xbox usually comes with one month free and a mic anyway.
#3Masterpain22(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 5:31:39 PM
Thank you

I found that bestbuy is selling a 250GB version with the wifi, 1 month membership and two games. It looks very good, but I'm going to think how many exclusives I will eventually get and balance that out with the cost of the system and see if it will be worthwhile for me (I'm sure I will enjoy it, it is just a matter or it being enough considering that new systems are coming out).

Not sure if I should do another thread asking this, but what would be the best exclusive games that you would recommend?

As I mentioned before I have my eyes on the Halo series, but I'm also looking at Gears of War, and different shumps. Are there any games that you really enjoyed that made you glad you had a 360?
---
PSN: Orca22
#4JeustZeroPosted 7/25/2013 6:24:51 PM
Well you mentioned shmuos.. aaaand thats the kind of exclusive I bought a 360 for...
Akai Katana is great, Deathsmiles as well. Dodonpachi Resurrection can be had for cheap if you order it from europe and it works on NA consoles.

Raiden 4 is a good one if you can handle the punishment, lol.

Also Eschatos and Ginga Force just got released in a double pack and is region free, haven't broke it open yet but Eschatos is supposed to be fine like cherry wine.
---
Can't you see, repetition was all you got.
#5HairlessTugboatPosted 7/25/2013 7:22:33 PM
Gears of war is one of my favorite series ever. Also Alan Wake, Minecraft, State of Decay, Condemned, The Orange Box, Left 4 Dead, Fable 2, and Crackdown are all good games too and none are on PS3. The Orange Box, Minecraft, and Left 4 Dead are on PC though. A few games that I personally recommend that aren't exclusives are Borderlands 2, Fallout: New Vegas, Red Dead Redemption, and Max Payne 3.