This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Reality Check - Why Do We Collect Games?

#1levyjl1988Posted 7/24/2013 6:20:51 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/shows/reality-check/?event=why-do-we-collect-games-20130721&tag=Topslot;Slot3

I think this applies to a lot of people on GameFaqs who collect games. Myself included.
---
I hate games with bad game design
#2majinbuu58Posted 7/24/2013 6:23:07 PM
tl;dw
#3psprulz2007Posted 7/24/2013 6:24:42 PM
I don't collect them. I play them. I experience them. I sell them. Wash rinse repeat.
---
Nier = Worse game of all time. Worse then ET, Superman 64, Haze and any crappy game ive ever attempted to make using an outdated version of RPG maker.
#4natevinesPosted 7/24/2013 6:30:01 PM
I stopped collecting games and movies once I started living on my own and realized I couldn't use my parents' CC anymore to get stuff. I still love gaming, but I'm a lot more pragmatic now. I'd rather spend money going out, chasing skirts :P
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#5SoincMetalPosted 7/24/2013 6:30:25 PM
I don't collect games, but I do have a collection if that makes any sense.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#6glassghost0Posted 7/24/2013 6:41:44 PM
Watched the intro, could already tell it was going to be annoying.

I collect games now for several reasons:

1.Video games are a huge part of my life, they're my number 1 hobby.

2.I regret trading in my N64, PS2, Xbox, and PS1 consoles plus games to Gamestop for a 360.

3.I've realized they aren't worth trading in and reselling to get new ones because: A. I don't get the value they're worth. B.Why lose 2, 3, 4+ games for 1 when I can wait and get that game for cheaper while keeping my others.

4.It's no different than collecting coins, baseball cards, stamps, etc.

Plus, I hope to have children and I hope they share my passion with me. It's something I can pass on to my children and they can experience these wonderful gems.

Also, I really don't care what others think nor do I need to be judged for having several, several games
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#7BangoSkankPosted 7/24/2013 6:48:55 PM
I keep games that I expect to play again, or ones I know there's no market for
---
GT: Savage Opopanax
PSN ID: Savage_Opopanax
#8JoboHotepPosted 7/24/2013 9:35:58 PM
SoincMetal posted...
I don't collect games, but I do have a collection if that makes any sense.

Makes perfect sense to me man, I'm the same way. I don't sell games (or systems) so naturally they add up over time.

If I'm really done with a game and am sure I'm not going to play it again, I'll give it to a friend, but only if they express interest in it in the first place.
---
If I don't meet you no more in this world then uh, I'll meet ya on the next one..And don't be late- Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child
#9TheRobPosted 7/24/2013 9:42:15 PM
glassghost0 posted...
Watched the intro, could already tell it was going to be annoying.

I collect games now for several reasons:

1.Video games are a huge part of my life, they're my number 1 hobby.

2.I regret trading in my N64, PS2, Xbox, and PS1 consoles plus games to Gamestop for a 360.

3.I've realized they aren't worth trading in and reselling to get new ones because: A. I don't get the value they're worth. B.Why lose 2, 3, 4+ games for 1 when I can wait and get that game for cheaper while keeping my others.

4.It's no different than collecting coins, baseball cards, stamps, etc.

Plus, I hope to have children and I hope they share my passion with me. It's something I can pass on to my children and they can experience these wonderful gems.

Also, I really don't care what others think nor do I need to be judged for having several, several games

I think this post sums it up perfectly.
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#10liquidblue4Posted 7/24/2013 9:53:38 PM
That video was beyond stupid.
Collecting games is just like collecting anything else. You don't see them making a video about someone collecting Lamborghini's do you? Exactly. It's like gamers and game journalists have to wallow in some sort of pit of self hatred to function.

"Oh god... collecting games is so distracting and if you get rid of them it's painful and they should be out of sight..."
Shut the f*** up, for real.
There is a difference between "hoarding" and collecting things.
---
Do you like beer?
https://www.facebook.com/WvBeerGuide