This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Reality Check - Why Do We Collect Games?

#11shawnmckPosted 7/24/2013 10:58:43 PM
I can only speak for myself, but...I collect games because I want to play them more than once.
#12GGearXPosted 7/24/2013 11:12:08 PM
I am like a chipmonk Like storing nuts in my mouth because more games, better gaming.
---
Gt-KryDamoure (Cryoflove)
..........I-I'm a very shyyy guy, I-I'm sorry ....... *blushes *
#13VeryDarkSoulPosted 7/25/2013 1:18:50 AM
I think he made this video because he had to come up with something for his job, so he came up with some crap subject.
---
Ron Paul 2012
#14stehvPosted 7/25/2013 1:36:16 AM
GGearX posted...
I Like storing nuts in my mouth

---
gamertag: crim cram
PSN: vibracaust
#15ArthasRebornPosted 7/25/2013 1:46:06 AM
glassghost0 posted...
Watched the intro, could already tell it was going to be annoying.

Also, I really don't care what others think nor do I need to be judged for having several, several games

JoboHotep posted...
SoincMetal posted...
I don't collect games, but I do have a collection if that makes any sense.

Makes perfect sense to me man, I'm the same way. I don't sell games (or systems) so naturally they add up over time.

If I'm really done with a game and am sure I'm not going to play it again, I'll give it to a friend, but only if they express interest in it in the first place.

These two, basically. I won't really go out of my way to buy an old game worth lots of money or something, but my collection just grows. You can take a look at my shelf and pretty easily discern my tastes over different periods of time.

Honestly, it's kinda like a look at my own life, which is fitting because gaming is a part of my life.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/arthasreborn
http://i.imgur.com/0Zamww5.jpg http://i.imgur.com/PDgXlnY.jpg
#16robster_2005Posted 7/25/2013 1:52:14 AM
Interesting video.

I'm a real hoarder for games and have been since the megadrive. The only game I have ever sold was Mercenaries 2 on the 360 as that game was broken beyond belief.

Currently have a collection of circa 850 games over 15 consoles/handhelds
---
"That would explain how she died. It wasn't old age; she just roundhouse-kicked herself in the back of the head" - ShadowWraith666
#17mcnichojPosted 7/25/2013 2:13:59 AM
Didn't bother clicking but my reason is because I was poor growing up and had a awful family, so all the games fill up the whole inside me with arbitrary happiness.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. | Level 50 in Gears Judgement Demo, yes this needed to be in my sig because a thread wasn't enough
#18grimmdaddyPosted 7/25/2013 4:52:28 AM
Didn't bother watching, I like being able to play older games whenever I want,wherever I want
#19MrBathingApePosted 7/25/2013 5:40:07 AM
Lmao at how defensive people are getting over that video. I thought it was interesting. I collected games a lot when I was younger and it was probably as I thought they were more valuable than they really were. If you get stuck in the video game scene you tend to lose a sense of proportion and think random copies of some N64 game like blast corps actually mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Guess that's why you get this illogical sense of pain when you get rid of them.
---
Shoot him again!
His soul is still dancing.
#20Dragon NexusPosted 7/25/2013 5:40:53 AM
If I didn't collect games, what would I put on my game collection shelf?
Thought it was obvious o.o
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde