This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Castlevania: Lords of Shadow the most overlooked game of this gen?

#1casedawgzPosted 7/25/2013 1:42:19 AM
I feel like the Castlevania fanboys hated it because it wasn't another anime metroidvania and I feel like everyone else didn't play it. But it was seriously a great game. Really long, beautiful, challenging puzzles, great voice acting, and a robust combat system. Thrilled that it managed to get a sequel.
---
Official Justin Gabriel mark of the PWB
#2Rome218Posted 7/25/2013 1:45:10 AM
I bought it on release and the game was a real treat. It lacked lasting appeal, so I eventually traded it in. Had a damn good time with it, and I think a lot of people missed out on a really good game.
#3KakkaKarrotKakePosted 7/25/2013 5:00:59 AM
I wouldn't say so. The game bored me to tears, and I don't even like the Metroidvania games.
#4DarkSymbiotePosted 7/25/2013 5:05:25 AM
Definitely. The problem is that it carries the Castlevania name when it has little to do with the series. Simply calling it "Lords of Shadow" would have been better.
---
My The Last of Us Review:
gamefaqs.com/ps3/652686-the-last-of-us/reviews/review-154646
#5LAGswitchLARRYPosted 7/25/2013 5:21:35 AM
No.

The distinction belongs to Xcom
---
I always win online. DEWD RAIDER: aka UNCHARTED: A Tomb Raider wannabe corridor simulator for casuals who can't play platform or explore on their own.
#6AWarAmp84Posted 7/25/2013 5:28:28 AM
The only Castlevania game I really got into was SOTN so this was a huge disappointment.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#7TheRobPosted 7/25/2013 5:29:23 AM
Overrated, maybe. But overlooked? Hell no. It got way more attention than it deserved, in my opinion.
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#8Bs-KILLPosted 7/25/2013 5:34:34 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
Definitely. The problem is that it carries the Castlevania name when it has little to do with the series. Simply calling it "Lords of Shadow" would have been better.

Absolutely this .. If they didnt change the storyline/timeline of the Belmonts & how Dracula is suppose to be then this game might be better than it is today. Not saying that it's a bad game(I actually enjoyed it) but IMO..it could be better than it is today if they'd stick to the original storyline.
---
Now REplaying: BB:CSE(PSV), MK(PSV), VT:4(PSV), FFXIII-2(360), SW:TFU(360)
"Cant wait for MGSV"
#9DarkSymbiotePosted 7/25/2013 5:41:35 AM
Bs-KILL posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

Absolutely this .. If they didnt change the storyline/timeline of the Belmonts & how Dracula is suppose to be then this game might be better than it is today. Not saying that it's a bad game(I actually enjoyed it) but IMO..it could be better than it is today if they'd stick to the original storyline.

The first game didn't even have Dracula. At least not till the poor plot twist at the end.
---
My The Last of Us Review:
gamefaqs.com/ps3/652686-the-last-of-us/reviews/review-154646
#10Bs-KILLPosted 7/25/2013 5:55:48 AM(edited)
DarkSymbiote posted...
Bs-KILL posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...

The first game didn't even have Dracula. At least not till the poor plot twist at the end.

Yeah I know plus its the first time they turn a belmont into a creature of the night which is "dracul" they shouldve follow & stick to the same storyline where Leon is the first belmont instead of creating a new protagonist & turning it into a creature of the night in the end(DLC).. & Mathias should still retain his role as Dracula atleast that should made the game better.. by following the original storyline.
---
Now REplaying: BB:CSE(PSV), MK(PSV), VT:4(PSV), FFXIII-2(360), SW:TFU(360)
"Cant wait for MGSV"