This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Call of Duty Developer Gets Death Threats After New Patch

#1FFTHEWINNERPosted 7/25/2013 10:07:35 AM
"Treyarch design director David Vonderhaar recently took to Twitter to talk about the latest patch for Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, which modified three guns to be less powerful. While there was some rational discussion, Vonderhaar quickly found his Twitter feed flooded with hateful backlash including threats of violence towards him and his family. The anger began when he tweeted such inflammatory remarks as "The DSR fire time was 0.2 seconds. It's now 0.4 seconds. The rechamber time was 1.0 seconds. It's now 1.1 seconds."

As the threats rolled in, Vonderhaar attempted to bring things into perspective for those bullying his account.

Activision community manager Dan Amrich stepped in to defend Vonderhaar. "[Vonderhaar] often gets told he should die in a fire or kill himself or is a horrible person," Amrich writes. "If anybody thinks for a second that this is okay, it is not. But if the loudest voices in the Call of Duty 'community' act like an angry mob instead, guess how the entire world views Call of Duty? Now consider that these Internet Tough Guy rants and demands are not unique to COD, but exist everywhere, in many gaming communities. This is why the world often does not take gaming seriously; this is why gamers are assumed to be immature and whiny. Because the immature and whiny gamers are louder."

Amrich goes on to thank those who submitted reasonable feedback about the changes, and commends Vonderhaar for his patience. "If you enjoy your games, have a little respect for the people who make them - and stop threatening them with bodily harm every time they do their job."

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/126301-Call-of-Duty-Developer-Gets-Death-Threats-After-New-Patch?utm_source=latest&utm_medium=index_carousel&utm_campaign=all

LOL. cant say i am surprised though.
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#2gabriusPosted 7/25/2013 10:16:32 AM
FFTHEWINNER posted...
Activision community manager Dan Amrich stepped in to defend Vonderhaar. "[Vonderhaar] often gets told he should die in a fire or kill himself or is a horrible person," Amrich writes. "If anybody thinks for a second that this is okay, it is not. But if the loudest voices in the Call of Duty 'community' act like an angry mob instead, guess how the entire world views Call of Duty? Now consider that these Internet Tough Guy rants and demands are not unique to COD, but exist everywhere, in many gaming communities. This is why the world often does not take gaming seriously; this is why gamers are assumed to be immature and whiny. Because the immature and whiny gamers are louder."

Right on the damn nose.
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#3Ratlank02RPosted 7/25/2013 10:17:02 AM
gabrius posted...
FFTHEWINNER posted...

Right on the damn nose.

This.
---
It irritates me when people say "RPG games".
17/07/2013 - the day I took the place of Winternova.
#4TheBlueStigPosted 7/25/2013 10:17:15 AM
So they slowed down the rate of fire for a weapon, and made it reload slightly slower, but did NOT nerf the damage it does, and people put out death threats for that???

F***ing wimpy morons.
---
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
#5DarkJaydragonPosted 7/25/2013 10:19:51 AM
Woe betide that 13 year old when his parents find out what he has done.
---
Not changing this sig until i go to sleep started : 13/01/06 00:40 am GT: Jaydragon117 Flight of dragons is #1.
#6Vampire WraithPosted 7/25/2013 10:21:17 AM
Ratlank02R posted...
gabrius posted...
FFTHEWINNER posted...

Right on the damn nose.

This.

---
"I havent experienced any bugs nin this game" - manta53 about WWE 13
#7FFTHEWINNER(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 10:22:18 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
So they slowed down the rate of fire for a weapon, and made it reload slightly slower, but did NOT nerf the damage it does, and people put out death threats for that???

F***ing wimpy morons.

so,if they slowed down the rate of fire for a weapon, and made it reload slightly slower, and DID nerf the damage it does,you wouldnt be surprised >_>??!
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#8Ratlank02RPosted 7/25/2013 10:23:24 AM
FFTHEWINNER posted...
"The DSR fire time was 0.2 seconds. It's now 0.4 seconds. The rechamber time was 1.0 seconds. It's now 1.1 seconds.".

The people complaining won't even notice the difference.
---
It irritates me when people say "RPG games".
17/07/2013 - the day I took the place of Winternova.
#9SoincMetalPosted 7/25/2013 10:28:24 AM
changing 100ths of a second people think they cay tell the difference. Officially why i hate the CoD bandwagon now, before it was them complaining nothing changes but wants to play the same game every year. Now it's just stuff that doesn't even matter.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#10BigLongDownerPosted 7/25/2013 10:29:21 AM
When ppl go as far as sending death threats over a video game they shouldn't even have the privilege of gaming.
---
GT - The Grunge Guy