This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My 360 just got a 1-red ring...

#1BluesSoul617Posted 7/25/2013 1:15:57 PM(edited)
I bought this 360 (console only) online around February. Been working until now.

It was working just fine. Then something was wrong with the screen not being so clear that I had to turn off the xbox and unplugged all wires. As I put them back in, it displays one ring with a bunch of foreign sentences on my screen with an error code of E74. I keep trying again and the problem remains.

If I were to take advantage of gamestop's +50% trade-in value that's going on right now, how much would I get with this defected 360 in-store credit?

http://www.gamestop.com/trade-values

Also, in this link I can trade in my Black Ops II and Wireless Network Adapter for a good amount as well for in-store credit.

I'm thinking about buying another used 360. I'm not interested in the next-gen consoles for a long time.
---
Blues Soul 617
#2MrFwibblesPosted 7/25/2013 1:19:21 PM
Have you checked that the hard disk is properly inserted?
---
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.
http://i.minus.com/ikldA8ungvbD2.gif Black 2 FC: 0390-8264-4360
#3BluesSoul617(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 1:22:05 PM
Hard Drive, USB slots, everything. I checked the xbox website before posting this.
---
Blues Soul 617
#4Oldskool_RulezPosted 7/25/2013 1:38:00 PM
BluesSoul617 posted...
Hard Drive, USB slots, everything. I checked the xbox website before posting this.

Try removing all hard drives or memory units, and see if it still gives you the 1-red ring. Also, make sure your cord is switched to the appropriate setting(TV/HDTV).
---
The DEATH cannot die!
You don't need a reason to help someone.
#5BluesSoul617(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 1:53:53 PM
Same problem. Cord is in the appropriate setting too.
---
Blues Soul 617
#6buddhamonsterPosted 7/25/2013 1:56:35 PM
As I put them back in, it displays one ring with a bunch of foreign sentences on my screen with an error code of E74.

Sorry, but your Xbox is pretty much dead.

I've had three Xbox's display that error, and none of them ever recovered. The one red light is supposed to be a harddrive failure or something along those lines, but I'm pretty sure the E74 denotes a GPU or CPU failure, which is pretty much a death sentence.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/errors/error-code-e74

The support page doesn't even have a diagnosis. It flat out says you need to repair it.

Sorry, but your box just died.
---
Hey Trashcan Man! What did old lady Semple say when you burned her pension check?
Boston Bruins - 2011 Stanley Cup Champs!
#7BluesSoul617(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 1:59:32 PM
buddhamonster posted...
As I put them back in, it displays one ring with a bunch of foreign sentences on my screen with an error code of E74.

Sorry, but your Xbox is pretty much dead.

I've had three Xbox's display that error, and none of them ever recovered. The one red light is supposed to be a harddrive failure or something along those lines, but I'm pretty sure the E74 denotes a GPU or CPU failure, which is pretty much a death sentence.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/errors/error-code-e74

The support page doesn't even have a diagnosis. It flat out says you need to repair it.

Sorry, but your box just died.

That's why I asked what the trade-in value (+50%) for gamestop is from the beginning...
---
Blues Soul 617
#8BansDontWorkPosted 7/25/2013 2:01:51 PM(edited)
It's most likely the HANA/ANA Chip. There are so many videos on the net (more wrong than right) on how to get it working again. I personally have had the same problem for the past 10 months. I still get it working no problem, albeit, I am now playing it without its top casing. But its all about heat and pressure of the Chip to the board.
---
I feast on that control method you call Karma.
#9glassghost0Posted 7/25/2013 2:02:46 PM
E74 is what happened to my first console.

It can mean 2 things I believe:

1.Your AV cables are bad.
2.Something is broke in the console and needs to be repaired (what mine was), I don't remember what it was, something with the graphics.

You can't trade in a broken console to Gamestop as they'll test it, and you can't do a towel trick with that, so you won't get the 50% bonus, at least I doubt it.
---
No Thanks
3DS FC: 3067-4989-8122
#10BluesSoul617(Topic Creator)Posted 7/25/2013 2:10:14 PM(edited)
BansDontWork posted...
It's most likely the HANA/ANA Chip. There are so many videos on the net (more wrong than right) on how to get it working again. I personally have had the same problem for the past 10 months. I still get it working no problem, albeit, I am now playing it without its top casing. But its all about heat and pressure of the Chip to the board.

Too bad I don't have the tools to open it up and even if I did, I don't feel comfortable opening it up anyway.

glassghost0 posted...
E74 is what happened to my first console.

It can mean 2 things I believe:

1.Your AV cables are bad.
2.Something is broke in the console and needs to be repaired (what mine was), I don't remember what it was, something with the graphics.

You can't trade in a broken console to Gamestop as they'll test it, and you can't do a towel trick with that, so you won't get the 50% bonus, at least I doubt it.

I thought it was the AV cables too and bought a brand new one. Ending up spending my money for nothing.

And I also thought you can trade in red rings to gamestop but they give you a lesser value.
---
Blues Soul 617