This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best TV for HD gaming?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Best TV for HD gaming?
3 years ago#1
I'm looking for a decent sized TV, as big as $600 (or less) will take me.

So what is the best HD gaming TV? Thank you :D
Name: Ernest (Yes, I've been to camp)
Add me, GT/PSN: Deathx113
3 years ago#2
42 inch plasma? I got my 51 inch Samsung for 688.
3 years ago#3
Samsung, LED, Direct Array, 120Hz or faster, 1080p minimum, multiple HDMI inputs, 2D or 3D is personal preference, screen size is personal preference.
http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/gallery.aspx?gamertag=TheBlueStig
My Forza 4 gallery, all paintjobs available for purchase on my storefront.
3 years ago#4
TheBlueStig posted...
Samsung, LED, Direct Array, 120Hz or faster, 1080p minimum, multiple HDMI inputs, 2D or 3D is personal preference, screen size is personal preference.

Would this do?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Samsung-UN40F6300-40-1080p-120Hz-Class-LED-HDTV/23347331

$670

And then there's this

http://www.walmart.com/ip/VIZIO-M321i-A2-32-1080p-120Hz-Razor-LED-1.95-ultra-slim-Smart-HDTV/23990931

$380

8 inches smaller but soooo much cheaper... idk.
3 years ago#5
The smaller tv's look better then the big tv's this gen. Next gen though games will be true 1080p and with less jaggies. I would go for over 40 if in living room. In bedroom 32 or less. Don't order online, go see it in the store.
3 years ago#6
oasisbeyond posted...
The smaller tv's look better then the big tv's this gen. Next gen though games will be true 1080p and with less jaggies. I would go for over 40 if in living room. In bedroom 32 or less. Don't order online, go see it in the store.

Yeah just a bedroom TV, but it'll be where I spend most if not all my 'TV' time or w/e.
3 years ago#7
I'm thinking about getting a Samsung to replace my current flat screen. 42" is just right for my living room. I'm just trying to get a feel for what's out there these days.
The Price is Right, Don Mattrick, and a nuclear submarine all walk into a bar...
Is it GTA V yet? Wake me up when it's GTA V.
3 years ago#8
Just make sure you get a plasma! I have a 40" Panasonic Plasma and it is absolutely perfect for both retro and HD gaming. You don't want an LCD with all of the lag.
The Wing Commander series is my favorite of all time.
360/PSN: ParadiseRegaind Bnet: ParadiseLost#1366
3 years ago#9
i would never suggest a Plasma TV. they only last so long before they start to fade out. LCD and LED are better choices and i suggest getting a Vizio, i have owned my 32 inch 1080p HDTV fir over 4 years and never had a problem with it.
it is good to be back. XBL-UGC Jedi Master, PSN-Creepy_Crandall, Steam-jediknight52501
3 years ago#10
I'm having an issue with burn-in more so than lag. :(

Is there a major difference between LCD/LED/Plasma when it comes to burn-in?
The Price is Right, Don Mattrick, and a nuclear submarine all walk into a bar...
Is it GTA V yet? Wake me up when it's GTA V.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox 360
  3. Best TV for HD gaming?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived