This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Odd Occurance

#1TimeShinigamiPosted 7/26/2013 4:32:04 PM
So, just now, my brother and I were playing 360's in seperate rooms across the house. He was in the master bedroom with his wife, and I was in mine. I was playing FarCry 3, he was playing the new NCAA game. My Xbox is in beta, his isn't. I got an update today, he didn't. I got the Halo 4 limited edition box, his is an old elite from '10.

Despite all of these differences,, our Xboxes shut off at the same exact instant. There was no power outage, as nothing else was affected. The lights never shifted, so I can't imagine there was a power surge. our consoles just... Stopped. And we have no idea why.

So I appeal to, unwashed masses of gamefaqers. Anybody ever have this happen before? What would be the cause? Should we be worried? Is Microsoft's nefarious plans to invade our homes already in progress, and are they attempting to change my families gaming habits and hours? HELP!

(Note: That last thing was a joke. I this isn't actually nessacary, but you never know...)
---
Not changing this sig until the Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl.
GT- ShinigamiOfTime
#2DebaserZeroPosted 7/26/2013 4:37:33 PM
it was most likely an electrical problem. I've had my PC and xbox shut down from slight brownouts that didn't effect other devices or appliances
#3HulkxxSMASHPosted 7/26/2013 4:41:05 PM
Possibly the work of The Lawnmower Man?
---
Hulk is strongest one there is... Hulk is... only one there is... only one... there... is... Hulk feels... cold
#4thekozmicpigPosted 7/26/2013 4:45:21 PM
http://skepticalcubefarm.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/ancient-aliens-guy-im-not-saying-its-aliens-but-its-aliens.jpg
---
Feels like the depths of hell were unleashed upon my ass. - nivlac_rebuats
#5darren19822000Posted 7/26/2013 4:45:52 PM
mine would turn off randomly when i had my carpture card hooked up. somehow the video line would move just enough to turn off the monitor and the xbox would turn off with it
---
gt darren reefnugs
#6HulkxxSMASHPosted 7/26/2013 4:48:18 PM
If I have a usb keyboard plugged into my 360, turning my bedside lamp on also turns the console on.
---
Hulk is strongest one there is... Hulk is... only one there is... only one... there... is... Hulk feels... cold
#7RKO_ON_RAWPosted 7/26/2013 4:50:07 PM
HulkxxSMASH posted...

Not sure why but I found that kinda funny. lol lawnmower man. sounds like a budget brand super hero.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/64275451 - Skyrim Level 81 Guide
#8HulkxxSMASHPosted 7/26/2013 4:52:36 PM
RKO_ON_RAW posted...
HulkxxSMASH posted...

Not sure why but I found that kinda funny. lol lawnmower man. sounds like a budget brand super hero.

Tell me people know who The Lawnmower Man is these days?!

Man... I suddenly feel old.
---
#9thekozmicpigPosted 7/26/2013 4:56:27 PM
HulkxxSMASH posted...
RKO_ON_RAW posted...
HulkxxSMASH posted...

He was the main villain in a crappy SNES game right?

I kid. I am aware of the game's origins. And the movies origins. And how Steven King hates it so very much.
---
Feels like the depths of hell were unleashed upon my ass. - nivlac_rebuats
#10HulkxxSMASHPosted 7/26/2013 5:02:54 PM
thekozmicpig posted...
HulkxxSMASH posted...
RKO_ON_RAW posted...
HulkxxSMASH posted...

He was the main villain in a crappy SNES game right?

I kid. I am aware of the game's origins. And the movies origins. And how Steven King hates it so very much.

The movie is pretty awful. I did want to reference Pulse... a 1988(ish) movie, or Ghost in the Machine about a serial killer being killed via the electric chair becoming one with electricity with murderous results... but I thought The Lawnmower Man would be a safe bet.
---