This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

10mg to 50mg.. Any noticable difference on Live?

#1HaasMaster27Posted 7/26/2013 5:46:53 PM
I'm going from 10mgps DSL to 50mgps fiber optic tomorrow. I'm wondering if Ill notice an increase in performance?

I have experienced lag (my main reason for switching) on most of Live games I've played.
#2natevinesPosted 7/26/2013 5:47:42 PM
I noticed a significant difference when I upped my Ritalin dosage from 10mg to 50mg, so perhaps.
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#3natevinesPosted 7/26/2013 5:48:15 PM
I jest, of course. I think you meant Mb. But yes, that's quite a boost. I imagine you'll see significant performance enhancement.
---
Gamertag- MidgetRifleman
#4gudamanPosted 7/26/2013 5:49:34 PM
most people will tell you that no, you will not notice much change. What they do not say is that you may see increases in how fast your downloads complete... that and your video app streaming may improve but not by much if I have any idea what I'm talking about.
---
gt: gudaman / PSN: OvaryPuncher9000
I'm open to pretty much any game you wanna play as long as I own it.
#5crynryanPosted 7/26/2013 5:51:27 PM
You'll mainly see a difference in how fast things are downloaded. Live multiplayer caps at around 8KBps, for both upload and download combined. So usually anything higher than that is acceptable.

The delay between you and the hosts, however, is what you're really wanting to make better. Do some tests on speedtest.net between different servers around the world, and check your ping rates. Ping is the amount of time it takes for your data to get to the server, and then back to you.

Upgrading your internet should decrease your ping, as higher paid packages have more "priority" and get their data sorted faster.
---
This feels warm. What is this feeling? Is it of warmth?
#6HaasMaster27(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2013 5:51:57 PM
Lol.. yeah yeah mg, Mb, that its
#7RenamonPosted 7/26/2013 8:04:04 PM
natevines posted...
I noticed a significant difference when I upped my Ritalin dosage from 10mg to 50mg, so perhaps.

This made me laugh.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games